Bullwagga bay

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
fishy1
Species: many species

Bullwagga bay

Post by fishy1 »

Bullwagga bay is ice Free. Don't know yet if lake launches are blocked with ice chunks though.
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Re: Bullwagga bay

Post by cpmaple »

That was quick went by friday afternoon on way to plattsburgh an only the point was open. Boat is getting a once over on the motor this week then its off to the bay i so cant wait to drag some spoons that i got for christmas. Todd (crazy ivan) picked them out so i know they are best for the south end. thanks again todd and tight lines
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

cpmaple wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:24 am That was quick went by friday afternoon on way to plattsburgh an only the point was open. Boat is getting a once over on the motor this week then its off to the bay i so cant wait to drag some spoons that i got for christmas. Todd (crazy ivan) picked them out so i know they are best for the south end. thanks again todd and tight lines
I asked Fr Dr yesterday if wagga was open and he said “no”. I think Dwaine is trying to keep me up north. Wagga usually need a some time to settle out the weeds and cattails. I will be there next week for sure. Those are the lucky lures Chad!
Todd
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Great news, what’s another 40min drive anyway for some great combat fishin...

I can feel the pull already...

Thanks for the update Matt

Fish on!
Matt B
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Hold on just came from there it's not all open yet and launch is filled with ice.dont know where my neighbor took pics but it's not there have to still go to westport should be good to this week
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

I'm heading to lake ontario maybe you can update bullwagga Chad
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

I just got the photos...... The bay is still iced in for boats. around the point is open for shore fishing. The ice goes all the way to Presbury's.

Todd
Todd
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Thanks Todd for the update. Hope the ice is gone when I get back from the big o. Can't wait to start chasing.
FishDR
Species: Salmon

Post by FishDR »

Crazy Ivan wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:39 am
cpmaple wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:24 am That was quick went by friday afternoon on way to plattsburgh an only the point was open. Boat is getting a once over on the motor this week then its off to the bay i so cant wait to drag some spoons that i got for christmas. Todd (crazy ivan) picked them out so i know they are best for the south end. thanks again todd and tight lines
I asked Fr Dr yesterday if wagga was open and he said “no”. I think Dwaine is trying to keep me up north. Wagga usually need a some time to settle out the weeds and cattails. I will be there next week for sure. Those are the lucky lures Chad!
:lol:
Controlled chaos
Species: what's biting

Post by Controlled chaos »

30 min closer for the chaos crew tho Matt
:lol: I’ve never fished it! But the Wolverine has
So here we come!
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Controlled chaos wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:24 pm 30 min closer for the chaos crew tho Matt
:lol: I’ve never fished it! But the Wolverine has
So here we come!
still iced in some fishville is ice free for now and would have to launch in westport. but bullwagga mught be ice free this weekend will let you know
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Post by cpmaple »

Have not seen any reports on the fishing in the bay yet. Hoping by the 17th of april boat will be done an reg will be done on the 16th. Can't wait that's my long weekend an I will be on the water searching for silver.
Heartbeat
Species: Salmon

Post by Heartbeat »

I went fishing in Bulwagga bay last Saturday and not to much activity. There were about ten boats in the bay and everyone was gone by 8:30 ish. I know of two salmon that were caught outside of the bay. Still early.

Fish on