March Madness Salmon action

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Re: March Madness Salmon action

Post by Surprise »

Wow! it's a Fire Drill on Relax!

And a day long adventure at that. Nice to see the loaded side planer and a Great Crew running the show!

Nice post Thanks,
Last edited by Surprise on Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish On!
Fishdawg
Species: Salmon

Post by Fishdawg »

Nice going guys! Good to see the spring fishing has begun! I hope to have the boat unwrapped and on the water shortly. Tight lines!!
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

What a shakedown! Nice job, Matt and crew! I saw Scott's picture on the Master Angler page and figured he was on your boat.
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

Crayfish wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:02 pm What a shakedown! Nice job, Matt and crew! I saw Scott's picture on the Master Angler page and figured he was on your boat.
REELAX is a FISHY vessel! With Matt and Jeremy aboard, we had a GREAT TIME and managed to catch well too! MAtt and I have been trying to coordinate dates for a long time, and I am really glad it happened.
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

Definitely a nice day out there that day. It was good to have you guys out there on the water with us with the temperatures what they were.

Sunshine was really nice, but windy though. Definitely some big waves to deal with in the broad lake.

We were obviously barking up the wrong tree all morning (again) with nothing to show for it except some thoroughly rinsed fishing lures. From what I've read on here about your trip, I'm going to bring out the big planer boards next trip I think.

That's 3 skunks in a row for us, 1 ice, and two open water. With that being our recent history, I can say I've been busily working on Strike Three, getting ready for the warm water season this year. We've got some new electronics, including livescope, and a new trolling motor on the way. If there's one thing a skunk can do, it's motivate you. The bass had better look out this year.

By the way, my wife was looking through something online, or facebook, or whatever, and she showed me a picture of a guy holding a 7 lb salmon. I go "Yeah, that's Scott. He was one of the guys who we were out on the water with us on Saturday".

Well nice job out there guys, hopefully next trip well break this streak of ours.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

Jack - We need to find a date with you (kids welcome, I think that's awesome), Chris and me. I don't care who's boat it is, but it would be another epic day! Let me know! Serenity Now is still on the hard, but is scheduled for first day of launch at Point Bay, which I hope is soon. Chris's boat could carry three of us. Yours too, but I appreciate COVID sensitivities too. Soon, my friend, it will happen!
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

Wow. Nice work! I am so psyched to read this post. You have no idea how much this just elevated my outlook on life :D
Time to pack up the ice fishing gear and put the kayak back on the car where it belongs. Saturday looks like it could be the day.
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

Detritus wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:14 am We've got some new electronics, including livescope...
Now you've gone and done it! :lol: I can't tell you how many times I've talked myself out of getting it for the kayak. Which would be slightly ridiculous. It might happen yet. But I can't quite fit it in my budget at the moment.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

troutcrazy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:07 pm
Detritus wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:14 am We've got some new electronics, including livescope...
Now you've gone and done it! :lol: I can't tell you how many times I've talked myself out of getting it for the kayak. Which would be slightly ridiculous. It might happen yet. But I can't quite fit it in my budget at the moment.
Not ridiculous man, I just saw a video of a girl down south installing a 10" Garmin Echomap on hers. Don't know if she did livescope or not. But, they've got mobile packages for ice fishing that come in a bag.

$200 rebate right now until March 31, just saying. And, the Echomap UHD 93sv is on sale at cabelas right now for $600, down from $1000. That's including the $350 or whatever GT 54 transducer. That's the unit I run, love it.

Think of all of the money you'd be saving if you bought all this stuff, haha.

Jack
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

TUnamas wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:33 pm Jack - We need to find a date with you (kids welcome, I think that's awesome), Chris and me. I don't care who's boat it is, but it would be another epic day! Let me know! Serenity Now is still on the hard, but is scheduled for first day of launch at Point Bay, which I hope is soon. Chris's boat could carry three of us. Yours too, but I appreciate COVID sensitivities too. Soon, my friend, it will happen!
I've never fished with Chris all of these years. We've talked about it forever too. This covid crap calms down, well figure it out. The boys want to fish with other guys, so they can learn how to fish for real, haha. Might as well take your boat, and Ray and my nephews out while we're at it.

If everybody's vaccinated in time, and things are looking good, maybe he'd do the DYP derby. We've got our fingers crossed for that at my house.

Jack