See you next October

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

See you next October

Post by ChessieMan »

Well guys, today's the day - the Money Pit is going undercover until striper season.

As most of you know, we hammered the lakers this year - 200+ and anytime you can go fishing and catch a fish is a good time. Necessity is said to be the "Mother of Invention" - and out of necessity we figured out how to smoke the smaller lakers and once again, there is a line outside the barn waiting for "samples" when the smoker's smokin!

I've shifted my "base of operation" to Saratoga Lake, targeting panfish, gladly accepting the occasional wally and cursing the pike that broke off my $3.00 tungsten jig - fishing and catching has been pretty hot for gills - especially from 3:30-dusk.

For those of you still Frost-biting - be careful and stay warm - for the. rest of you - stay safe and healthy - see you in October.

Yes, I did fix my radio - it was the line fuse.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: See you next October

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Bye for now Ed. Will miss your posts.
Like most of us, we have to switch our love of fishing salmon (and lakers) to something else we can do in the meantime.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Ed, one of the highlights of this Frostbite season was meeting you and your crew at the launch 3 days before Christmas...

Enjoy the ice time!

Look forward to 2021...
Matt B
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

""What? Over? Did you say "Over?" Nothing is over until we decide it is!"" - J Belushi
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

TUnamas wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:01 pm ""What? Over? Did you say "Over?" Nothing is over until we decide it is!"" - J Belushi

Scott, if your still in, send me a PM, my new DAY shift schedule has me working weekdays and off weekends.... So if your into some ice breaking, let me know! :P
Matt B
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

Matt- Sorry for the delay. Always interested. Feb gets squirelly as we are busy at work and I'm squeezing in a trip to see my parents as Dad turns 81. We'd planned a FL celebration for his 80th last year, but COVID killed it. Any time you have a spot, I'd like to consider it!