Converse Drop in....... How Wet am I gonna get? also, any other prospects of watewr to cover?

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
TruViking
Species: Those who thrive in Cold H20

Converse Drop in....... How Wet am I gonna get? also, any other prospects of watewr to cover?

Post by TruViking »

:D :D :lol: :lol:
Ok. My Son Turns the Big ELEVEN Tomorrow.
His day and he chooses to hit the Water for the AM hours to start the day off right. He wants that Salmon!!
Any excuse I can get, I am Game! So it didn't take any coaxing for Dad to be onboard with the idea.
I have only launched out of the Coast Guard Station since the docks were pulled at Converse. The pictures I have seen you all post shows me that it will be fairly simple to still launch without getting soaked or hypothermia!!! LOl. I have a Deep V Larson Bowrider. From the times I have launched there,. I have had no problems pushing from the Dock with my kicker down. Anything different? I was thinking of just firing up the motor, getting everyone onboard while the boat submerged but still on the trailer then shooting off from there(The driver of the Vehicle and trailer are not coming on this voyage.) Any input would be appreciated.
Also, I would Love to go out of Burlington, It is closer and easier on everyone, but I just can't find anything but pesty Lakers(sometimes sizeable). I ws wondering if anyone has ventured the Colchester Fills area or surrounding? Open to suggestions even if they are longshots!!!!!
Thanks Everyone for all the great insight and info!!

Best
Ej
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Converse Drop in....... How Wet am I gonna get? also, any other prospects of watewr to cover?

Post by Reelax »

I think you could
Launch from converse in exactly the way you
Suggested. Close by the launch pay close attention to Thompson’s point and split rock. Water currents often pile up bait in those areas. Also if that doesn’t work try the mansion with the new copper roof to south and around the drop near diamond island... best of luck!!!
Matt B