2020 recap on Thanksgiving with a few weeks left of the season to go

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
digitroll (ron)

2020 recap on Thanksgiving with a few weeks left of the season to go

Post by digitroll (ron) »

2020 has been a great year to get out fishing in any capacity with Covid restricting some much of our lives. The season began in March and now the end of the season coming up in 2-3 weeks if roads deteriorate with snow and salt. My Go Pro camera an early Christmas present last May has seen a lot of use for hands free on demand filming of action shots netting salmon / trout with friends / family / and solo. So many to pick from but this one with Ken McIntosh was a fun day on June 1st at the Sandbar. Over 400 hours on the water this year! Thanksgiving a good time to reflect on some great water time this past year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vCVV4K ... bjC5mrDQnA

Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: 2020 recap on Thanksgiving with a few weeks left of the season to go

Post by Reelax »

Ron, snow and salt don’t hurt anything as long as equipment is cleaned well and serviced properly. You are missing some of the most enjoyable fishing of the season by putting up your boat so early. But you probably ski, and switch to that hobby in the winter. I know I have a hard time fishing when there are deer tags in my pocket...

Sounds like your fishing away retirement. No better way to go in my opinion!
Matt B
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

Reelax wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:36 am Ron, snow and salt don’t hurt anything as long as equipment is cleaned well and serviced properly. You are missing some of the most enjoyable fishing of the season by putting up your boat so early. But you probably ski, and switch to that hobby in the winter. I know I have a hard time fishing when there are deer tags in my pocket...

Sounds like your fishing away retirement. No better way to go in my opinion!
I figure there's lots of salt in the ocean too, lots of guys fish that every day. Plus, road salt doesn't get into tour water jackets where it does all the bad damage. Nice talking to you again out there today.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Hoping to make it to Christmas! Maybe I can venture out a few weeks after that. Surprise landed a nice 7.5 lb salmon a few years ago on the last trip out in early January for anyone 2 years ago. Good points!