Four Brothers and Willsboro

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Four Brothers and Willsboro

Post by Detritus »

Launched this morning about 700, after a quick stop at the scrap pile, and the shop.

We have repeatedly left our net in the holder and pulled the boat out under trees, and broken a foot off of it each time. Today, as I was driving by the scrap pile, I saw a piece of pipe that I thought might slide into the bigger half. It did, drilled a hole and even installed the lock button for adjusting and the rubber handle. Unfortunately, the pipe I found was an old bar for lifting weights, haha. So, you had better eat your Wheaties before you go grabbing our net to net a fish. But, it's fixed until I can get a piece of aluminum.

Beautiful morning out though.
IMAG1252.jpg
IMAG1252.jpg (61.68 KiB) Viewed 1039 times
One of the islands
IMAG1255.jpg
IMAG1255.jpg (93.25 KiB) Viewed 1039 times
We went 6 for 8 today, all Lakers, all similar size, pretty small. We noticed both hatchery fish, and native fish. I wish I took a picture if one of them though, he was gold in color. Like really gold. But, I didn't want to dig out the camera and keep him out of water too long. None of them warranted a picture with the kid who landed them though apparently. None yesterday either, one of the little sisters caught all of the big ones.

Fished a little faster than we usually do today, about 2.5 all morning, across the land speed. We fished between 12 feet and 60 feet all fish came from 30 to 60 feet down.

We experimented with cheaters today, because it was just Liam and I on the boat, and wanted more lures in the water. Worked well, well do that again.

Here's the funny thing, we fished stick baits, jointed stick baits, big spoons, little Spoons, dark spoons, light Spoons, even a swim bait for a while. All fish, and releases, came on speedy shiners. Most on 1 speedy shiner, half brass, half red. That lure was hot yesterday too 30 miles south too. The other two that took fish were all copper, and rainbow trout pattern.

Talked to Digitroll, and On The Job, who it turns out was an occasional work friend, haha. Also heard Bottom Dollar being hailed, but, I think was too far away for us to hear. So far all the guys I've talked to on here, and then the radio have been great guys. It's pretty cool.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
Fishinpole
Species: Trout/Salmon

Re: Four Brothers and Willsboro

Post by Fishinpole »

Thanks for the report. Has the lake come up at all?
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Not really. Don't know the number, but, it's wicked low everywhere that I know what it's supposed to look like still.

Jack
BottomDollar
Species: cold water

Post by BottomDollar »

I was over in Shelburne Bay collecting lampreys on the transom :)

Just a couple of small lakers today, no bait in that area and not many predators on the sonar. Nice day, though.
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

How do you collect lampreys on your transom? It really was a nice day today. I like it best when it's calm, just makes fishing easier. You can see hitchhikers when they're there, no pounding or losing your balance. Cold, light rain or snow, doesn't matter as long as its calm.

Jack
BottomDollar
Species: cold water

Post by BottomDollar »

They like to attach to aluminum transoms when the water's cold, no idea why.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ysw4p5fw8BxJ47Xe7
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Ha, that's funny. Can you pull them off and kill them? Maybe some nice sharp Hedge clippers?

Jack
On The Job (mike)
Species: all varieties

Post by On The Job (mike) »

Good talking with you today.
Stayed in the bay until 2 ,
8 smaller lakers and no salmon
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Post by Dilly Worm »

Detritus - good to see you got the chance to fish Willsboro. Wish I could have gotten out Sunday but had too many domestic obligations. Would've been great if you'd found some big salmon but sounds like a successful trip with the lakers once again.

About that net with the barbell for a handle... don't do what I did last week and drop it, it sounds like it will sink like a stone :o

That golden lake trout sounds very cool !
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
Detritus

Post by Detritus »

Dilly Worm wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:05 am Detritus - good to see you got the chance to fish Willsboro. Wish I could have gotten out Sunday but had too many domestic obligations. Would've been great if you'd found some big salmon but sounds like a successful trip with the lakers once again.

About that net with the barbell for a handle... don't do what I did last week and drop it, it sounds like it will sink like a stone :o

That golden lake trout sounds very cool !
Yeah, it's actually one of those cheap bench press bars, haha. I'm going to try to get some aluminum this week. Still kicking myself about not taking a picture of the golden laker. He was a hatchery fish though.

Mike, glad to talk to you out there too, for once somewhere other than work. By the way, we had Thunderdog with us too Sunday, I'm sure you remember her. Don't think she's ever made the highlight reel on here yet.

Jack
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

I was on Whallons and it was very slow.