Covid risk is it worth it?

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
digitroll (ron)

Covid risk is it worth it?

Post by digitroll (ron) »

After seeing the news and with cases at 73 for yesterday and over 100 today both records for the day I am going solo for the rest of this short season similar to last Spring. Being in an enclosure and under 6 feet (likely 3 ft distance) is a risk even with a mask on. Stay safe!
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Re: Covid risk is it worth it?

Post by C-Hawk »

Smart stuff Ron, wouldn't take long to slow down the whole fleet.
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

i agree with c-hawk,a bunch of boats out on the lake trolling miles apart,we dont want to have a super spreader event and risk wiping out the whole frost bite fleet.stay home,stay safe,wear a mask,social distance,and wash your hands.remember everyone,WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!!!!!!!
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

everyone is in this together. everyone stay safe so we can enjoy the future frostbiting fleet. i for one is a high risk cancer patient who now will go into hibernation i guess and will fish when i can and solo. going to avoid groups and stay safe drs orders. hope we in some way can keep the forum going.
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

My wife Molly works in health care and this spring was put under strict contract to social distance.... which meant I had to follow suit in order to keep her and her patients safe. Pat and I generally fish at least once a week and We often jump in with other or have others aboard for some trolling fun. Not this year, I fished with Pat once this year and Molly has filled the void in order to keep me on the water. She fished all the derbies and kept me company. She even cleaned and rearranged the tackle during one slow day( I am still looking for some lures). She has her own down riggers and on most days out fishes me. She uses lures I wouldn’t even dream of using and makes them work.
She has become obsessed with being on the water is in no way every going to give up her seat....
COVID 19 has some silver lining in my cloud!
Todd
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Crazy Ivan wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:41 pm
COVID 19 has some silver lining in my cloud!
Todd you couldn't have stated it any better! Last Friday my wife and partner celebrated our 55th. anniversary. This covid thing has brought us much closer, if that's possible!
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
digitroll (ron)

Good points guys! Things are ratcheting down again with this risk as people move indoors and it's spreading like wildfire. Time to set a good example and keep it from spreading. Nice to see some people chiming in on this thread that support this effort. Vaccine is 6 months away for the general population. There is an endpoint.
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

Two things have affected my time on the water this year. Buying the Country Angler, and Covid. Between the two, I bet they've been the only reason for about 20 fishing trips that wouldn't have happened.

Glass half full here when it comes to fishing.

Jack
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
BottomDollar
Species: cold water

Post by BottomDollar »

Great to see everyone here taking this seriously. With the cyberattack at UVMMC it wouldn't take much to overwhelm them now.

After a 5 month major home project and dealing with this cancer BS, I'm finally free to do some solo fishing, with guest appearances by my wife. I'm going to see if I can get anything going in the Burlington area now that the coast guard parking meter is wrapped up for the year.
digitroll (ron)

Two solo person boats work well as an option.
60Fishman
Species: lake trout, salmon, bass

Post by 60Fishman »

It is refreshing to see some "up north" people taking this seriously. Among many of my friends they think it is either overblown or a downright hoax. Somehow this became a political issue, which is too bad. It can make for some uncomfortable situations. I had to fish either solo or only with my wife this year. She usually just reads her book, but his year she did help steering the boat when setting up, reeling in doubles, and netting fish. Little by little I am hoping to get her to take a more active roll. Hopefully next summer I can get a couple of my friends back on board.