Port Henry - Nov 8

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Port Henry - Nov 8

Post by ChessieMan »

Before I regale everyone with today's escapade, I have to confess to a compromise of the "Frost-Biter's Code" - I fished Lake George yesterday - after 5 less than stimulating trips to Fishville - with the exception of Don's salmon last Saturday, I yielded to temptation, spent $40 for a LG registration - I picked up Don at 5:30 Sat AM and said - I got Plan A, B and C - Plan A is Fishville, Plan B is Whalon's to Essex and Plan C is LG - needless to say we were at the Roger's Rock launch by 7:15 - in summary - Should have gone with Plan A - 5 hours and not a single release.

Not taking kindly to another shut-out, I woke at 4:30 this morning and, having left the boat attached to the truck - I was off in a FLASH to PH - started off Potash Pt on the hard bottom - 5 minutes - Pow! Laker #1 - already better than yesterday, 10 minutes - Pow, POW a DOUBLE! and it went like that until 1 PM when I finished the day on another DOUBLE!

Definite pattern - black/purple HB and Sun Rise Speedi - 15-20' down over 45-80 FoW - speed was critical - every bite was 2.6-2.9 knots - ended the day 18 for 22 - all lakers - but who's complaining - they have fins, gills and tug!

These guys are in the brine now and will be in the smoker tomorrow
Imagepicture share
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Port Henry - Nov 8

Post by fishy1 »

Awsome ed. Keep chasing and keep some Lakers every trip they need thinning. Did you hit my humps. Beautiful weather were having when are you coming back up
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Post by ChessieMan »

Hey Matt - Yeah, seems to be a lot of lakers around - did my share - 3 are heading to the smoker this morning - the smaller one (16"-20") actually taste pretty good - the bigger one 24+" aren't worth the wood chips!

Weather is the determining factor and right now, I don't see me being back up until Friday.
dipsydiver
Species: Abf

Post by dipsydiver »

you probably already know this but just in case.

You can purchase a one day Lake George boat registration for $12 or a week for $20.