Summer Trolling in November

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Summer Trolling in November

Post by Detritus »

Boy, lot of fun on the water this weekend. Brought a couple of friends out Saturday, fished split rock, Thompson's, sloop. Not a lot different to report in terms of water depth, temperature, lures, etc. fom last weeks report. Basically ran the same program.

Fished Noon to 4 or so, went 8 for 9, 8 Lakers, and one lake monster that we never saw. That was the biggest excitement of the weekend for me.

I think it's an 8 foot med heavy Okuma fiberglass rigger rod, and we had it cranked down pretty good. Released, and went straight down, like someone tied a cinder block to it, and threw it over the side. Liam's friend had trouble getting it out of the holder because of the tension, but she got it out, fought it a bit, then spit the hook. Pretty exciting, had to be a 10 lb plus fish that was in the mood to fight.
IMAG1216.jpg
IMAG1216.jpg (109.6 KiB) Viewed 605 times
IMAG1217.jpg
IMAG1217.jpg (101.19 KiB) Viewed 605 times
Couple pictures from that trip. Mostly baby Lakers, no other confirmed species. Talked to Little Bear on the radio as we were finishing up. T shirt weather.

Today we launched at Redgate a little before 8, with plans to meet up with Dilly Worm and one of his daughters out there.

Another beautiful morning.
IMAG1218.jpg
IMAG1218.jpg (52.31 KiB) Viewed 605 times
IMAG1219.jpg
IMAG1219.jpg (64.44 KiB) Viewed 605 times
IMAG1220.jpg
IMAG1220.jpg (107.61 KiB) Viewed 605 times
Even got my older daughter to come out.

She reeled in 2 Lakers.
IMAG1221.jpg
IMAG1221.jpg (112.72 KiB) Viewed 605 times
IMAG1224.jpg
IMAG1224.jpg (110.9 KiB) Viewed 605 times
The boys landed the rest, I don't think I had to net or unhook any of their fish today. We're working towards them doing all of the fishing an piloting, and they're doing really well I think.
IMAG1223.jpg
IMAG1223.jpg (123.53 KiB) Viewed 605 times
Saw a friends father out there, talked to dragonball and reelinvestment, heard dragonball hailing digitroll, then dilly worm, and us aboard the country angler of course. Like a summer fishing party in November. Today's numbers were 9 for 12, mostly baby Lakers.

Jack
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
ReelInvestment
Species: Salmon/lake trout

Re: Summer Trolling in November

Post by ReelInvestment »

Great to see you guys out there again this week! Love seeing how much fun your kids have, they are going to be some unstoppable fishermen and women in the very near future! Some of my greatest fishing memories were fishing with my father growing up. Mostly fly fishing streams and rivers, now it’s fun to take him out on the boat and show him a whole new way of fishing. Keep after it!
Dawickin Around
Species: All

Re: Summer Trolling in November

Post by Dawickin Around »

Good work out there! Glad to see those kids having a good time on the water👍