IMPORTANT.... LAMOILLE R SEA LAMPREY CONTROL

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
popster
Species: Salmo Salar Sebago

IMPORTANT.... LAMOILLE R SEA LAMPREY CONTROL

Post by popster »

The LAMOILLE RIVER, as well as the Mississquoi, LaPlatte and Winooski are all slated for Sea Lamprey treatment this fall.

It is extremely important that we anglers come together NOW and show support for the ongoing Sea Lamprey treatment of the Lamoille River.

The VT Agency of Natural Resources, Dept of Environmental Conservation is NOW accepting public comment and this is our opportunity to show our stance on this ongoing issue. The public comment period ends in 11 days, on Sept 30. 

Andrew Milliken, Brad Young and their entire USFW team has been doing an amazing job in treating the Lamprey-infested waters of Champlain and this MUST continue in order to maintain the quality fisheries program that we have.

Let's show how strong this Forum is. Our voices need to be heard NOW.

The comments can be made through the following link. Once there, click "COMMENT". No need to fill out anything else on the form, other than your comments. Easy

https://enb.vermont.gov/?id=7727
Bill
"POINTER"
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Re: IMPORTANT.... LAMOILLE R SEA LAMPREY CONTROL

Post by Surprise »

It's done Bill. Thanks for the Heads-up

What I posted:.

" Hello,

As a 68 year old lifelong resident of Vergennes/Waltham Vt. I have enjoyed fishing the waters of Lake Champlain. The current Lamprey program headed by the USF&W with Vermont and New York have made Lake Champlain a World Class Cold Water Fishery. It has allowed the restoration of the endangered native lake sturgeon and relieved pressure on other species that had been lamprey hit in the past This unique fishery is second to none drawing fishermen from many states and Canada. The cost benefit to the economy and jobs is most important to continuing this program. Please continue this valuable work.

Thank You, Randy Colomb"

Fish On!
popster
Species: Salmo Salar Sebago

Post by popster »

I received this acknowledgement immediately from VT Agency of Natural Resources after submitting a comment:

Thank you for submitting a public comment for the activity Bradley Young, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, 3051 through the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources' Environmental Notice Bulletin (ENB). Your comment will be reviewed by staff and a response to comments received will be posted with the final decision documents. You will receive an email notification at the time the final decision is issued.
Regards,
ENB Support
Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
Bill
"POINTER"
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

I posted a reply as well. Let's make our voices known on this important and ongoing effort.
bagman
Species: trout

Post by bagman »

Please take a moment to make a comment. It is very important and many times we don't have the opportunity to weigh in on our fishery. Also there will be opposition to this which makes your comments all the more important
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

i posted a comment . popster thanks for the heads up private message.
Last edited by fishy1 on Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

I have sent my comments as well and received a confirmation. PLEASE...everyone needs to spend just a few minutes and support the sea lamprey control program!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

Done!
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

I just found this thread on here, I usually stick to fishing reports. It's funny you posted it here asking us to do this though, I saw them on the LaPlatte river the last few days, and twice I almost drove in to where they were parked to thank them in person, haha. But, Nobody was around that I could see, just their trailer. Same thing last spring I think, on Lewis Creek. I'll go comment.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack