Bad luck or Cursed

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Smelt_seeker
Species: Salmon

Bad luck or Cursed

Post by Smelt_seeker »

Im not sure if its just bad luck Today or im cursed on fishing southern part but I finally made the drive to converse, Solo trip. Morning started rough and only seem to get worse. Made a fool of my self at the launch, very short dock area in the water and had to bring the boat around to the other side. Well I put Bumpers on dock side not knowing I would have to go around the dock, seems to be only gust of wind grabbed the boat lucky an older gentleman lent a hand and we got it. So then I headed south only to start to set up and kicker died barely got a rod set. Fiddle with it to find out the carb blew. WTF!!! Less then 3 month old kicker. Big motor to fast to troll so I was S.O.L. Heading back to the truck had a giant steelhead or salmon jump 50ft from the boat. What a beauty! Probably 6-7lbs. Just a smack in the face. Dealer said not sure when they can the parts in. Hopefully fast and I can get another trip in down there.
Kyle smith
dry net
Species: cold water

Re: Bad luck or Cursed

Post by dry net »

Some days just suck! Frustrating for sure.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

some days it don't pay to launch.... gotta take the good with the bad.. Get a drift sock and you want have to wait for the kicker... hell a 5 gal bucket can work!
Matt B
ReelInvestment
Species: Salmon/lake trout

Post by ReelInvestment »

We’ve all had days like that, but there’s no better feeling than getting the kinks out and getting back out and having a successful trip! Good luck with the kicker, hope parts come quick!
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Post by Bearcat »

Good time to do some Laker jigging while your kicker is down
Smelt_seeker

Post by Smelt_seeker »

Bearcat wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:04 am Good time to do some Laker jigging while your kicker is down
Ya that is fun to do.
Kyle smith
Smelt_seeker

Post by Smelt_seeker »

Reelax wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:16 pm some days it don't pay to launch.... gotta take the good with the bad.. Get a drift sock and you want have to wait for the kicker... hell a 5 gal bucket can work!
Definitely going to look into sock!!
Kyle smith
Detritus
Species: Anything we can catch

Post by Detritus »

We blew the powerhead on our main engine this spring about 3 weeks before the derby.
"Country Angler" - '93 Trophy 2002 - Cold water boat
"Strike Three" - '04 Triton SF21 - Warm water boat
"The Dumpster" - '90 Starcraft SF14 - Camping Boat

Jack
Smelt_seeker

Post by Smelt_seeker »

Got word last night that mercury know the problem and 50% of them have it. Supposed to be making parts to fix it but not sure when they will be available to dealers! F********!!! Its a good thing waterfowl season staring soon but still really want to try frost bite season.
Kyle smith
striper192001
Species: salmon

Post by striper192001 »

If you have a four stroke........get a sock and you will throw away your kicker.........check out you tube.....glad I did !
mudchuck
Species: perch

Post by mudchuck »

OUCH!
Just Rite (Taycon)
Species: Salmon,lake trout

Post by Just Rite (Taycon) »

Drift socks work great. I run a pair of 42" socks. My kicker is now only an emergency backup motor to get me off the lake.
Smelt_seeker

Post by Smelt_seeker »

I just can’t seem to want to use the main and rack up hours trolling. I also like having the kicker for emergency.
Kyle smith
Dead lake
Species: Lake trout

Post by Dead lake »

Nissan and Tohatsu same as mercury same motors, I ordered thru Tohatsu all parts in stock, can’t get anything thru Mercury
BottomDollar
Species: cold water

Post by BottomDollar »

Honest question: what is a blown carburetor? I've rebuilt many of them, what is the specific problem with this one? It's usually just clogged jets or a stuck needle valve/float issue. You might be able to just DIY this. Or is it a manufacturer defect?