Saturday 8/22

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
digitroll (ron)

Saturday 8/22

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Been off the water for 8 days (Trailer repair this week at Vt Home with new brake pads) and thought I would give a Saturday a try a rare weekend outing for me. Nice to see a few forum members on the water down south. Jan Stromme my guest landed this nice 5.5 lb salmon this morning.

Imagesawmeal restaurant
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Re: Saturday 8/22

Post by Bearcat »

I was out in the narrows yesterday and today, did OK both days, and today was especially fun with all the speedboat traffic from that poker run out of Burlington, wasn’t sure we were gonna make it back alive, I wouldn’t exactly call them a considerate bunch of boaters.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

awsome salmon . bearcat was it that bad.
digitroll (ron)

Heard there was 50 boats today out of Burlington for the run.
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

Great to run into you guys today. My tuned up Etec ran great and it was honking to see and hear those powerboats eat up the lake.

Watch out for kayakers and seagulls......run over all the cormorants that you can.
Fish On!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Nice looking salmon Ron, building a crew now for a trip Monday.... Can't wait...
Matt B
digitroll (ron)

Good luck Matt and there certainly has been some quality fish the last few weeks being landed. Our Lite Bites have been doing 90% of the quality fish. Nice to see some of these nice fish showing up with no lamprey bites or scars. I have downsized my boat to two riggers now as I typically fish just one guest most of the time these last 3 years. It really makes it a lot easier to set lines and not have to move anything when fighting a big fish especially in Ontario. Kind of enjoying the stripped down boat with loads of room now on the gunnels. The boat doesn't look as sexy with 4 riggers anymore but I will gladly trade that for ease to control equipment with 2 people and that is ok! The room gained is now so much easier to fish 4 rods. I should just run 4 light bites! LOL

nhjim
Species: coldwater

Post by nhjim »

may want to plug the other hole for the second rod holder on your riggers if havent already. guys on ontario were getting water inside the body frying boards when running. cheep insurance. good luck
digitroll (ron)

Good idea! I have my second rod holders stowed in the boat. Just less in the way with one holder per rigger. Easier access to the top display.
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Post by Bearcat »

Fishy 1, it wasn’t that bad for me because I was just cruising around in the morning but they were flanking guys that were trolling on both sides, rocking them like crazy and getting way too close at high speeds when they came through by split rock. I saw more than one troller flipping the finger to boats that could’ve given them a lot more room. But it was kind of cool to watch them with the sea planes and helicopters. Caught some decent salmon on the midday bite, crazy Ivans still getting it done - it was another good day.
Christopher189
Species: Salmon

Post by Christopher189 »

Yeah saw a ton of speed boats doing the run on Saturday. Was fishing just outside of willsboro bay. Found a couple salmon there 60’ down over 170.

Chris