Monday 8-17 and Thursday 8-20

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Monday 8-17 and Thursday 8-20

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Monday: Fished with Molly in the morning down south in the Barber point area water temps were all over the place. we saw as low as 46 degrees. We caught a couple of laker's and some 14" salmon. the bait seems to have moved on from this area for now. we were off the water by 11 am
Thursday I fished solo, set up in the same area... no bait again, so i trolled over to the lake trout hot spot and landed a 12.9 lb hog. I did not see water in the 50's until 80 feet. So i trolled north along the Vermont side looking for colder water at a reasonable depth. I located some bait and fish in the 60 foot area over deep water so i worked that for an hour and managed 2 18" steel-head and a 21' salmon, all caught 55 to 65 feet down in 67 degree water. I ran a small set of blue blades on one side of the boat which took one of the steel-head 65 down on a phantom. the other two came on the side without out blades 55 down. off the water by 1130.
Good luck out there this weekend!
Todd
Todd
riverrunner
Species: Salmonids

Re: Monday 8-17 and Thursday 8-20

Post by riverrunner »

Thanks for the report!
Dead lake
Species: Lake trout

Post by Dead lake »

Do you run vertical blades? Or horizontal? If vertical do you run suspended? Trying to see how the vertical blades work haven’t heard much, thanks
ReelInvestment
Species: Salmon/lake trout

Post by ReelInvestment »

Thanks for the report Todd, I was wondering what was going on in the salmon water! Headed up tomorrow not sure if we will salmon fish or try for lakers again.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

We had a similar bite fishing next to you Monday. Most notable fish was a colored brown that was the 1st fish of the day... the temp profile was way off and weird to see 55 deg at 40 down..

Glad to hear Thursday was better and there is no better feeling that searching and finding em on your own from a hunch...

Thanks for sharing Todd, hope to share a spot next to you again soon.
Matt B
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Matt..... really.... I have been waiting days for your Monday report. Maybe I should tell the “Relax” report for Monday. Let’s take a stab at it.
Hey this is Matt... another stellar morning on the water, a bit of a hold up at the ramp because Jeff and Todd hadn’t seen each other in a while and were playing grab ass at the ramp... great laughs by all even before we hit the water. It’s allways a great time when long time forum member are at the ramp. We caught a beautiful brown right out of the gate with perfect colors.... then it was snack time and we fired up the grill. It was hot for a moment... the cold nothing... not to worry we have a spare tank.... well two spare tanks. Crap sh#t h@ll.... they are empty also.
This is where the wheels come off the wagon.... multiple hails to Ivan but he is busy and won’t answer. I was going to call the coastguard but Jeff took the ( smacked it out of my hand) radio away from me. We hailed the west port marine over and over like we were going down and finally they responded.... they would look for propane tanks. Thank god they got back to us with a “yes we have them”. We quickly pulled the rods and docked at west port to. Get fresh tanks.
Folks this could have been a disaster.... scallops were prepared perfectly by 1230....
tight lines Matt
Todd
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Crazy Ivan wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:16 pm Matt..... really.... I have been waiting days for your Monday report. Maybe I should tell the “Relax” report for Monday. Let’s take a stab at it.
Hey this is Matt... another stellar morning on the water, a bit of a hold up at the ramp because Jeff and Todd hadn’t seen each other in a while and were playing grab ass at the ramp... great laughs by all even before we hit the water. It’s allways a great time when long time forum member are at the ramp. We caught a beautiful brown right out of the gate with perfect colors.... then it was snack time and we fired up the grill. It was hot for a moment... the cold nothing... not to worry we have a spare tank.... well two spare tanks. Crap sh#t h@ll.... they are empty also.
This is where the wheels come off the wagon.... multiple hails to Ivan but he is busy and won’t answer. I was going to call the coastguard but Jeff took the ( smacked it out of my hand) radio away from me. We hailed the west port marine over and over like we were going down and finally they responded.... they would look for propane tanks. Thank god they got back to us with a “yes we have them”. We quickly pulled the rods and docked at west port to. Get fresh tanks.
Folks this could have been a disaster.... scallops were prepared perfectly by 1230....
tight lines Matt

OMG Todd, you go it right on... That is about how it happened... Not sure who put the white cap back on a propane tank in the hold, but they
caused us a major crisis...(thought we had a full tank to use) We probably missed 5 fish looking for a tank on the boat that had gas, and then calling everyone on the radio we could to help.... I almost used the mayday word on the VHS but Jeff maintained that the coastguard would not see a lack of propane as a maritime emergency.... That was about the time he slapped the mic from my hand ;(

Good news is the marina had 2 bottles left and we bought them both and the bacon wrapped scallops were even better after a little anticipation
for them!!! My reports have become a little redundant, so I didn't add it this week to try to give people a break from the manotany of REELAX's
floating BBQ sessions... Hope to be back this week same bat time, same bat channel....

Fish on!
Matt B