Converse 6/28

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ReelInvestment
Species: Salmon/lake trout

Converse 6/28

Post by ReelInvestment »

Woke up early and headed for converse this morning with a long time friend. Offloaded the boat and set 4 riggers with sliders, all around 30 ft. Within 10 minutes we boated 2 lakers. Kept on with the search for silver and landed a bunch more lakers. After trolling north for a while we turned into deep water and had a release. No surprise, laker. Fish netted and working on unhooking another rigger fires. I grab the rod and start reeling. Feeling like another smaller-ish laker I horsed it in until about 3 feet from the boat when all of a sudden a nice salmon launched out of the water, ran right to the boat around a cable and KERSNAPPP! By by salmon and a custom taped spoon. Damn!
After looping in, around, over, beside, and on the other side of that mark with no more salmon we decided to set up and bounce bottom for lakers. After about an hour and only 3 lakers, not much bigger than what we were getting set for salmon, we decided to pick up and head south and try for silver once again.....silver didn’t happen. Trolling back north towards the launch we picked up 2 more lakers. Thunder starting to boom in the distance combined with the lack of rod movement, we decided to pick up and head for home. 17 lakers landed, 4 dead lampreys and 1 salmon to the boat made for a fun morning. Hot colors seemed to be anything with a hook! Speedy shiners, Ivan’s and Warriors. At the launch I got to meet the reelax crew, fun meeting and talking to you guys! Thanks for the walk through of the boat, love the set up!! Hope to catch up again someday.
Tight lines everyone,
-ReelInvestment
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Converse 6/28

Post by Reelax »

Good to see you at the
Launch yesterday Love to hear your fishing stores as it is obvious you have a deep passion for the pull.... we covered 28miles of water and didn’t find what we were looking for... but the company and lake made it all worth it... lots of weeds in some areas on the water, even patches the size of a garbage lid. The fleas also were very evident, they were the spiny Type that come off easy. No fish hook fleas yet that we saw...

Fish on!
Matt B
ReelInvestment
Species: Salmon/lake trout

Re: Converse 6/28

Post by ReelInvestment »

It’s a huge passion and something that will always be apart of my life. The search for silver has really kicked the addiction into high gear! Already planning to head back up Wednesday! I need to get better at taking more pictures!