2020 LCI DERBY REPORTS

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

2020 LCI DERBY REPORTS

Post by tamiron »

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... y+2020.pdf

Congratulations to all participants and the great catches!

As a manufacturer of lures, I (and I think other manufacturers) would like to know what some of the Lakers and Atlantics were caught on! Great advertising and great information for future patterns.
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
Trackertroller
Species: Cold & Warm Water

Re: 2020 LCI DERBY REPORTS

Post by Trackertroller »

My son and I arrived up to point bay late Thursday afternoon. It was HOT!

Went out and did some hunting. Put a couple rods out in some bait over 120ft and picked up 3 lakers.

Friday
Another laker fest boating 16, biggest was 6-7#, no silver Fished 7 hrs.

Saturday
Laker fest 10 boated got 2 salmon both round 19-20”
My son did some casting at our slip on the “serenity now” and caught a male bow fin 5#, first bowfin ever caught.
Fished 10 hrs

Sunday
9 lakers no salmon
Fished 7 hrs

We bailed out on Sunday, we were sun beat

All fish released in the water
Fish hawk was key
No real pattern, everything we put out just about caught a fish
Riggers and Tripz did most of the work, slide divers were quiet

The fleas and cotton were pretty bad, at the end of each day we cut our swivels off to slide all the crap off the lines.

Super fun few days as always on LC

Lots of great fish caught in all categories, such a great body of water!
JEREMY
1987 24' Chaparral
"Plenty of Fish"
tamiron

Post by tamiron »

Jeremy:

Congrats! Sounds like a lot of fun and a lot of action. Also sounds like your son does not like to quit fishing - My son did some casting at our slip on the “serenity now” and caught a male bow fin 5#, first bowfin ever caught. Good for him!
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Jim,
The spoon that Buzzy and Jeremy caught the big salmon on was purchased through a Crazy Ivan silent auction, he paid $800.00 for it. Four sets of spoons were Auctioned off last year for a grand total of $2,350.00. All the money goes to The Three Day Stampede for the cure of Cystic Fibrosis. For the past 10 years Pat, Molly and I have come up with 4 new top secret patterns for the auction. The spoons every year go for top dollar to some of the most generous angler on lake Champlain. The four highest bidders get life long refills on these patterns. We wait a year or two then we put the into production for the general public. This spoon was named "Phantom" by Jeremy and is heading into mass production.
This is the third time that a spoon in that auction have won either the LCI or Rotary derbies.
Todd
dry net
Species: cold water

Post by dry net »

Crazy Ivan wrote:Jim,
The spoon that Buzzy and Jeremy caught the big salmon on was purchased through a Crazy Ivan silent auction, he paid $800.00 for it. Four sets of spoons were Auctioned off last year for a grand total of $2,350.00. All the money goes to The Three Day Stampede for the cure of Cystic Fibrosis. For the past 10 years Pat, Molly and I have come up with 4 new top secret patterns for the auction. The spoons every year go for top dollar to some of the most generous angler on lake Champlain. The four highest bidders get life long refills on these patterns. We wait a year or two then we put the into production for the general public. This spoon was named "Phantom" by Jeremy and is heading into mass production.
This is the third time that a spoon in that auction have won either the LCI or Rotary derbies.
Generous indeed!
tamiron

Post by tamiron »

Todd that is fantastic! It is definitely a great cause. Thank you and Jeremy for sharing the info and I hope it will be a great product sku for you.
Just Rite (Taycon)
Species: Salmon,lake trout

Post by Just Rite (Taycon) »

That I pretty awesome. Can't wait to see it on shelves
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Great I was hoping to get this Year’s vintage at a bargain bid of $802... but now it looks like any bid under 1000 will just be a shot in the dark...
Matt B