Westport 6/14

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Westport 6/14

Post by Bearcat »

Fish were very active this morning, was headed for Barbers but found bait in 85 to 125 so I stuck around and it paid off, a few 18 and 20” silvers and a number of lakers. In a little over an hour was 8 for 10 and not one lamprey. Riggers at 40 and 60 with cheaters (which took most of the shots), white glow purple/black honey bee, blue and silver Sutton, took fish, but the hottest
so far and for the last few trips was crazy Ivan golden shiner. Lost a nice silver that hit a purple Buzzy Ivan on a Minnie dipsey.

I’ve never seen such healthy active slimers, some of them had big shoulders and an impressive football shape. I was happy to fight a few until one rolled his gills into the leader and made a disgusting mess in the boat, blood, smelt, crap everywhere!! The boat will stink for a week. Great solo morning.
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Re: Westport 6/14

Post by tamiron »

Bearcat, nice report, great detail. Thanks for sharing./Jim
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

awsome report sounds like a great day on the water. looks like all fish fed actively today.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Man sounds like the bite is on all over!!!! Can’t wait to launch with A full crew and new sonar - structure scan, chirp, down scan...blue tooth to any tablet and run remote... oh my..

TOMORROW

Yeee haaaa
Matt B
Bearcat

Post by Bearcat »

Matt, looking forward to a good report with menu details as always!
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Post by Dilly Worm »

Bearcat, nice report, glad to see you did well. I was across the lake from you on the VT side and had not such good luck - there were big fat lakers there too, but they kept getting off the hook !
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
60Fishman
Species: lake trout, salmon, bass

Post by 60Fishman »

I also fished out of Westport Sunday morning. I was targeting lakers. Had a decent morning but had to remove lampreys from three of the lakers. I am guessing I was fishing deeper than BearCat, anywhere from 50 to 75 down, which may explain why I ran into the lampreys, just guessing. Usually I would only run into one or two. The three previous times I went this year did not have to remove any, but the last time I was out was Memorial Day weekend. The fish had moved out quite a bit deeper from the last time I was out. Had to readjust my pattern after an hour or so of no luck.
Bearcat

Post by Bearcat »

I think I saw you were you in a black Lund?
60Fishman

Post by 60Fishman »

Yes that is me.
60Fishman

Post by 60Fishman »

Oops , I actually have a Black Lowe. Wish it was a Lund, although knock on wood, it has been a good boat for me. But it was probably me you saw.
Bearcat

Post by Bearcat »

Yes I think it was a Lowe, looked like you were moving pretty slow, I figured you were targeting Lakers. I’m going to give it hell out there again this weekend.
60Fishman

Post by 60Fishman »

I usually try be be around 1.4 mph. Compared to the salmon guys I'm barely moving. One of these days I am going to try and figure out salmon fishing. Right now I just don't get out often enough and when I get a chance to go every other week at best, I go after what I can usually have success with. Good luck this weekend.
Bearcat

Post by Bearcat »

Just go faster, this time of year you’ll still catch some lake trout anyway