Port Henry Saturday

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Port Henry Saturday

Post by Bearcat »

The fleet was out in force. No salmon for me just big slob Lakers. Beat up and ugly. At least they fight well this time of year. They seem to love that Jointed J9 Rapala. Two colors. One snapped off my 10 lb leader, I’m assuming it was one of the same.
2D3D523A-05C8-463A-ACE2-FB51C1069BCF.jpeg
2D3D523A-05C8-463A-ACE2-FB51C1069BCF.jpeg (238.77 KiB) Viewed 1404 times
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Re: Port Henry Saturday

Post by Dilly Worm »

Bearcat, thanks for that report. I had a similar day on Thursday across that part of the lake on the VT side, so good to see its been consistent on these nice sunny days

first I lost a streamer fly to something that snapped a 6-lb leader. I was trolling for salmon w/ 1 color of lead-core so I went with the light leader hoping they'd be more likely to bite. That might have worked but now I need to get them into the boat :D Back to the heavier leader now...

A few minutes later a 7 lb, 27" laker bit the helsinki shad rap on 3 colors and put up a huge fight. Helped me feel better after losing the first fish
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Re: Port Henry Saturday

Post by Bearcat »

I used to use a lot of tiny stick baits this time of year but the last few seasons down in that area I’ve noticed the bait that these fish were stuffed with were huge alwives so I’ve been using at least one or two bigger sticks in the presentation and it seems like they’re taking all the hits.