NY State Boat Launches and Marinas Deemed Nonessential

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Re: NY State Boat Launches and Marinas Deemed Nonessential

Post by troutcrazy »

Thanks for the clear info.
Mr. Gill wrote:This is what hooker is referring to:

Marinas have been determined to be non-essential (due to the face-to-face interactions with marina staff and users), but a given marina can still apply for an exemption from ESD. Due to the self-serve nature of the boat launches, DEC’s sites are still available.

Doug

Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2020 1:20 PM
To: Stang, Doug (DEC) <doug.stang@dec.ny.gov>
Subject: RE: Boat Launches
Importance: High
FishnChef
Species: Salmon

Post by FishnChef »

Well I do know for a fact some of the Lake Ontario launches were barricaded yesterday but that could have been done by the town's not the state. Seems to me it's all up in the air right now and just waiting for the entities that manage the launches to interpret that order however they see fit
chatterbass
Species: bass

Post by chatterbass »

I just got off the phone with a lady at the DEC and she said all of their launches (Ti, Port Henry, Peru Dock, Port Douglas, Willboro, and West Point) are still open until further notice. She said a decision will not be made till Monday and to check back then. The number I called is (518) 897-1200 . Lets hope they stay open!!!
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

ny boat launches are still open
FishnChef
Species: Salmon

Post by FishnChef »

But looks like most municipal launches are being closed down due to the ambiguity of the order
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

mexico point on lake o is closed
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
60Fishman
Species: lake trout, salmon, bass

Post by 60Fishman »

I stopped by the state launch at MDB on Lake George Wednesday morning. Quite honestly it was packed, parking lot was full and the boats were lined up 4 deep launching. There was more traffic than normal for middle of the week, I suspect it is because a lot of people are out of work and have nothing else to do. I just implore everyone to be very careful, 700 plus people are dying every day 200 miles south of here and cases here locally are increasing because they started testing again. I plan on getting my boat and hopefully going to Westport myself soon. What I saw at MDB was some people milling around like nothing is happening. If everyone does their part we can get of this mess.
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Michigan:

If you haven't already, today would be an ideal time to call the Governor's office to let her know how you feel about the state shutting down fishing from a power boat. We all paid for fishing licenses, paid to register our boats, paid to register our trailers and paid sales tax on the purchase of these items. We have a right to fish in Michigan using a boat equipped with an outboard or in-board motor. The number is 517-335-7858. The Covid 19 situation is serious, but this ruling goes too far. Call 517-335-7858.