Keelers starting up!

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Smelt_seeker
Species: Salmon

Keelers starting up!

Post by Smelt_seeker »

Keelers finally heating up, boated 3 real quick this morning and then they disappeared when the boat traffic came out. Then people finally started to disperse mid day and they wanted to play again. Boated one more and couple missed. One color lead off mini board running db smelts was the ticket. They were the typical 17” but perfect eating size.
Attachments
FF100172-F46F-41BA-9032-9436CF11C3CC.jpeg
FF100172-F46F-41BA-9032-9436CF11C3CC.jpeg (312.83 KiB) Viewed 2393 times
1BACF9CA-3784-43C2-A01E-B7C566A379D8.jpeg
1BACF9CA-3784-43C2-A01E-B7C566A379D8.jpeg (203.04 KiB) Viewed 2393 times
3E38D85F-5D69-452A-8ED1-7047CDEAEE86.jpeg
3E38D85F-5D69-452A-8ED1-7047CDEAEE86.jpeg (383.84 KiB) Viewed 2393 times
Kyle smith
Sundance
Species: trout&salmmon

Re: Keelers starting up!

Post by Sundance »

Nice salmon, keep up good work!
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Post by Dilly Worm »

Kyle, nice looking salmon ! Were you using any flashers or dodgers with those DB Smelts ?
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
Smelt_seeker

Post by Smelt_seeker »

Dilly Worm wrote:Kyle, nice looking salmon ! Were you using any flashers or dodgers with those DB Smelts ?

No just the spoon.
Kyle smith
Smelt_seeker

Post by Smelt_seeker »

I apologize to anyone if I offended them or whatever for sharing info. I dont think my post will hurt the fishing. Its not a secret spot. My post or not there will still be 50 boats in there fishing. Im not dumb and I know what to post and when. I like seeing people catch fish also. Didn’t expect drama like facebook.
Kyle smith
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Kyle_smith wrote:I apologize to anyone if I offended them or whatever for sharing info. I dont think my post will hurt the fishing. Its not a secret spot. My post or not there will still be 50 boats in there fishing. Im not dumb and I know what to post and when. I like seeing people catch fish also. Didn’t expect drama like facebook.

Its an age old issue Kyle, one that will never go away. There is a balance between helping other fisherman and not burning out a spot that may have been shared by a close friend. I have skirted
this issue, as I am a very open individual, but it has affected my relationship with fellow fisherman, and I have learned that respecting a secret spot is also part of good salmon fishing.. I am blessed to
have some of the best salmon fisherman on the lake bring me to spots that today I can not and will not show out of respect for them and respect for the fragile bite in that area. The area you are talking about is well known and I don't think you have done any harm at all with sharing this area...

PS. One of the MOST under utilized spots in the spring is at the mouth of mill river on the west shore of St Albans bay. An easy run from keelers and can give some MAJOR action in the spring on cold water fish... and NO one talks about it or fishes it... Imagine that... :mrgreen: Easy 15 min run from keelers..... That flat can really hold a hot bite at times... fish on!
Matt B
Smelt_seeker

Post by Smelt_seeker »

Reelax wrote:
Kyle_smith wrote:I apologize to anyone if I offended them or whatever for sharing info. I dont think my post will hurt the fishing. Its not a secret spot. My post or not there will still be 50 boats in there fishing. Im not dumb and I know what to post and when. I like seeing people catch fish also. Didn’t expect drama like facebook.

Its an age old issue Kyle, one that will never go away. There is a balance between helping other fisherman and not burning out a spot that may have been shared by a close friend. I have skirted
this issue, as I am a very open individual, but it has affected my relationship with fellow fisherman, and I have learned that respecting a secret spot is also part of good salmon fishing.. I am blessed to
have some of the best salmon fisherman on the lake bring me to spots that today I can not and will not show out of respect for them and respect for the fragile bite in that area. The area you are talking about is well known and I don't think you have done any harm at all with sharing this area...

PS. One of the MOST under utilized spots in the spring is at the mouth of mill river on the west shore of St Albans bay. An easy run from keelers and can give some MAJOR action in the spring on cold water fish... and NO one talks about it or fishes it... Imagine that... :mrgreen: Easy 15 min run from keelers..... That flat can really hold a hot bite at times... fish on!
Very much 100% agree. I have been fortunate to have some amazing anglers show and help me along and will always Be grateful and thankful and honor and respect the code.
But it really erks when someone jumps all over you more or less a “community hole” and you have never talked, seen or met them.

Yes couldn't agree more very under Thought of area even the hole bay. Some Beautiful steel comes out of that area!
Kyle smith
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

Nice going! I'm glad you got into them!
You're not kidding about lots of boats being there that day! I got a late start in the morning, and showed up to launch my kayak but boy was that bay crowded with boats! It didn't look fun for a kayak, so I went elsewhere.

Everybody knows about that spot. If you go to a tackle shop and ask where to go, that's where they'll send you.

I'm generally careful not to name specific spots online, but as far as I'm concerned this spot is already public knowledge.
bigfish
Species: salmon

Post by bigfish »

Ya it’s been public knowledge for like 30 years.
Kyle it’s no secret. You did nothing wrong
Keep up the good work
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Here is a pic of you out on Monday.. good to see ya out there..
Attachments
67BEF888-0413-4D27-A29A-192819398222.jpeg
67BEF888-0413-4D27-A29A-192819398222.jpeg (160.13 KiB) Viewed 1753 times
Matt B
Smelt_seeker

Post by Smelt_seeker »

Reelax wrote:Here is a pic of you out on Monday.. good to see ya out there..
Thanks! Great to meet and see you out there. Hopefully see you again soon on the water.
Kyle smith