Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
User avatar
Posts: 742
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:00 am
Species: salmon,mermaids
Location: Essex Jct


Postby homewrecker » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:37 pm

Hello my fellow anglers hope you are all well and your families too. That being said I pose the question of the skipping this years DYP due to the current health situation, please be honest and caring in you responses as I respect your thoughts. I will decide after a brief period of comments. Thank you all and Fish On,Dean
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 8:31 am
Species: Salmon


Postby Heartbeat » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:50 pm

This would be my 5th DYP (2020). I have met 4 awesome anglers. I would be disappointed if the DYP was cancelled. But I understand.
Can the DYP be fished with no trophy and no gathering? Can we go and communicate by radio?
Gecha (Gerry)
Posts: 3556
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:26 pm
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite
Location: Montreal


Postby Gecha (Gerry) » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:52 pm

I participated in most of the DYP's and made many great friends.
However, due to this unusual circumstance, unless things improve quickly, I think it would be wise to postpone it this spring.
I understand it is an outdoor gathering and it would be a small crowd, but its not worth the risk at this stage.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
User avatar
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:50 pm
Species: Anything we can catch
Location: Vergennes


Postby Detritus » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:59 am

I've never met any of you guys in person, but was hoping to this year. You all seem like a great bunch of friendly helpful people. I'm not very active on here, and it may not be my place to weigh in.

But I will say I've had the unfortunate experience to watch 2 of my babies be intubated, one for premature and other unknown health reasons at the time, and the other for RSV, basically a really bad respiratory virus that can be fatal. They're both fine now, but we would have lost them both without access to those people and ventilators in the ICU. Myself and all of my kids are well within the low risk age group, but, we've basically been preventively self quarantining for the sake of those who are not. I'd hate to hear of anyone on here getting sick. Maybe you guys could do an online derby? Post rules, pics, lengths, and weights? Sort of like the master angler program, but on a certain day?

Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:37 pm
Species: whatever's biting


Postby voyager » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:49 pm

How about postponing until later in the spring. Since the Datillios derby seems to be done that weekend could be an option. A couple of weeks before the LCI.
User avatar
Crazy Ivan
Posts: 805
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:22 pm
Species: All


Postby Crazy Ivan » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:42 am

Just my two cents. I can only imagine that this crisis is going to get a lot worse in the next 4 weeks. its a giant uncontrollable weed spreading like wild fire.
Our situation is changing every minute, we do not know what tomorrow brings much less a month from now.
I vote postpone it until we can all get together safely.
I sadly laid off 90 employees this week. after a struggling moral battle with myself i have close the restaurant completely as i cannot protect our guest and our staff doing even take out. Better to be part of a solution than part of a problem.
Be safe and be smart

User avatar
Posts: 470
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:42 pm
Species: Salmon, Lake Trout


Postby drachma » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:29 am

I agree with Todd and Gerry about canceling for now. I've not been able to make the last couple DYP's but non the less have my opinion regarding the relevancy of risk of exposure. I still work in the healthcare field and see so many facilities close to any personal contact. I know the suggested lower limit is down to 10 but it has been shown that we might not know if we are even a "carrier". I am not going to allow myself to expose me to you and would suggest we all do the same for now. The word I've been operating under is "prudent".

We can still all take advantage of being outdoors in creation and get the Vitamin C and D we all need.

Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:01 am
Species: landlocksalmon
Location: Gilford, NH


Postby freshguy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:20 pm

Instead of trying to make a decision now, why don't you postpone the decision whether to have DYP or not til May 1 or any date you deem appropriate

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest