Newbie!

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Smelt_seeker
Species: Salmon

Newbie!

Post by Smelt_seeker »

Hi all,
My names Kyle. Brand new to the forum. Not sure where and exactly how to do much about the forum yet but ill learn! Just wanted to introduce myself. Done some looking around and it seems to be a great group and some extremely helpful folks. I really hope to be able to try the frostbite fishing next year.

Little about myself been fishing since I could hold a pole, I'm 22 now. My dad has a 24ft tompson and it got me into fishing salmon. I purchased a 2003 lund 1675 ss few years ago and really took to salmon the last 2 years. This past fall I was able to upgrade boats and purchased a 2019 lund impact 1875. Over the winter I have been slowing adding and rigging it up. Once the ice brakes I will get a shake down run in and I am extremely excited to get out there.

Last year was my best year I have ever had. Unfortunately didn’t keep track as I will this year. I was able to start fishing salmon the day after ice went out and fished till August when I sold the boat. This year i hope to fish through the fall. Home is just north of van everest so i do a lot of fishing inland sea. Did some in Shelburne bay, willsboro and west port all produced well for me. Extremely excited for 2020 season! Maybe meet new people and plan to learn a lot!
Attachments
670E8151-9EDD-4131-B5A7-25BD8E3C1CC0.jpeg
670E8151-9EDD-4131-B5A7-25BD8E3C1CC0.jpeg (269.04 KiB) Viewed 2427 times
BB83A99B-9D2A-472E-B783-4CCFFD4BB63F.jpeg
BB83A99B-9D2A-472E-B783-4CCFFD4BB63F.jpeg (167.5 KiB) Viewed 2427 times
E7CF077A-B59C-498D-BEBC-D2EB518C8DA7.jpeg
E7CF077A-B59C-498D-BEBC-D2EB518C8DA7.jpeg (289.7 KiB) Viewed 2427 times
Kyle smith
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Newbie!

Post by Reelax »

Welcome aboard Kyle! Nice history and new boat. Love the colors.... looking forward to some fishing report and pics....

With today’s warmup the launch choices should be getting better soon!

Fish on!
Matt B
Tire Jockey
Species: All

Post by Tire Jockey »

Nice boat Kyle, Good luck fishing this spring!
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

welcome aboard kyle,this is a great site and some really nice people.you should plan on doing the frostbite shootout in November,last year was my first year and I had a blast and got to meet some of the members from the site.
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
dry net
Species: cold water

Post by dry net »

Nice boat! Hope to see you out there, Matt
Smelt_seeker

Post by Smelt_seeker »

finsntins wrote:welcome aboard kyle,this is a great site and some really nice people.you should plan on doing the frostbite shootout in November,last year was my first year and I had a blast and got to meet some of the members from the site.

Definitely going to try! I wanted to do this past one but just couldn’t get everything done fast enough.
Kyle smith
Controlled chaos
Species: what's biting

Post by Controlled chaos »

Welcome aboard ! You should also consider the DYP! It’s a great time and feed after derby , I can’t wait to see what dean brings this year to the bbq! The alligator last year was great!
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Welcome aboard Kyle.
We look forward to hear your about your fishing trips this year.
There is a meeting this Saturday in Burlington. Check this forum for address and information.
Best place to meet a lot of fishermen and make new friends.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
meangreen1
Species: salmon

Post by meangreen1 »

Hey Kyle it’s about time you signed up here at the forum. Lots of great people on here who can show you lots of new things to try on your days out on the water. I Just picked up my new fishing rig today for the 2020 season. You and your dad will have to join Max and I out on the new boat this spring.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

If you are catching salmon Kyle, you will have plenty of friends.
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

Welcome aboard Kyle. you have a supper nice boat have you named it yet? Keep the reports and pic coming.
Smelt_seeker

Post by Smelt_seeker »

Sawyer wrote:Welcome aboard Kyle. you have a supper nice boat have you named it yet? Keep the reports and pic coming.

Thanks!
Named finley (fin for short). Really Not sure why or what or how but just has stuck since i got it.
Kyle smith
Smelt_seeker

Post by Smelt_seeker »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!! Can not wait to be able to contribute!
Kyle smith
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

meangreen1 wrote:Hey Kyle it’s about time you signed up here at the forum. Lots of great people on here who can show you lots of new things to try on your days out on the water. I Just picked up my new fishing rig today for the 2020 season. You and your dad will have to join Max and I out on the new boat this spring.

Hey, we wanna see pics.. What did you get for a rig..?? You change boats more than some fisherman change underwear! :?
Matt B
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

beautiful boat kyle and welcome to the best fishing forum. i dont get out much trolling but ill be looking for you from shore. glad you got into the salmon . good luck this year and yes try not to miss the shootout.