Any launches open?????

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Any launches open?????

Post by Reelax »

Is there a place to launch anywhere on lake champlain???

Reelax is itching to get back on it....
Matt B
nhjim
Species: coldwater

Re: Any launches open?????

Post by nhjim »

real winter down south end will be awhile. converse fairly solid ice right at the ramp but didnt extend out too far. then goes right to real thin ice. not even out to the islands. next few weeks of weather look promising. was wondering about burlington myself
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

Thanks for the info. Coast guard was locked up 2 days ago. I’m hoping converse clears soon.

Did it look like some chisel work would break it up soon?
Matt B
nhjim
Species: coldwater

Post by nhjim »

i would say your looking at about 100 - 200yds of chiseling before you hit the breakline to thinner ice. would be a project. week after next looks like going to get some help from the weather with temps anyways
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

:shock: Thanks for the update.. looks like we gotta wait a week.... we have done 10 yards of chiseling, but 100 would be a little much...
:cry:
Matt B
EagleEd7
Species: Trout

Post by EagleEd7 »

Reelax wrote::shock: Thanks for the update.. looks like we gotta wait a week.... we have done 10 yards of chiseling, but 100 would be a little much...
:cry:
How about a few friendly beavers???

Eagle Ed
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

Any news on converse or the bridge launch since the wind??? Anything open?

Wanna troll on Monday and need to know if I need to bring a chain saw?

Thanks for any info..
Matt B
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Crystal River launches as well as Homosossa are still open. 34 here this morning, we're headed to the Keys, F it.
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

Got word Converse was open Thursday... putting a crew together with snow plow and salt spreader for Monday morning... if the fleet wants out we should be able to launch and find some fish..the more boats the better..... it’s almost stick bait time!

Fish on!
Matt B
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

looks warm and rainy all next week,lets hope it stays that way!!!!!i have had enough of the snow and cold
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Reelax wrote:Got word Converse was open Thursday... putting a crew together with snow plow and salt spreader for Monday morning... if the fleet wants out we should be able to launch and find some fish..the more boats the better..... it’s almost stick bait time!

Fish on!
'... it’s almost stick bait time!' Or trying long thin spoons with treble hooks replacing the single hook YES. This makes a huge difference this time of year when the predators are still lethargic and the forage plentiful as the smelt begin their runs. Try it, your spring fishing beliefs will never be the same again.
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
popster
Species: Salmo Salar Sebago

Post by popster »

Jim, Unlike many of the inland lakes that have huge Smelt runs in the tribs like in Northern Maine, the Smelt spawn in the open lake here in Champlain
Bill
"POINTER"
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

popster wrote:Jim, Unlike many of the inland lakes that have huge Smelt runs in the tribs like in Northern Maine, the Smelt spawn in the open lake here in Champlain
Popster:

That is something that seems to be mixed from my experience (run tribs & spawn in the lakes), ... but wherever they spawn, the "STICK" baits are popular and do well for a short period every year. The reason for the success is, however, in MHO, the treble hooks. My results came from trolling Lake Ontario with #3 HONEYBEES (after changing to #2 Treble Hooks) run on 150', or more,10# test lines in 5-8 feet of water. Holding the rods in your hands also improves hookups as the browns, etc, barely touch the lures and a quick light hookset helps. Within a couple of weeks, after waters warm, the fish become more aggressive and single hooks are fine (and even preferred ... for less net foul-ups). If some anglers try this, please share the results, because I'm pretty sure that a lot of anglers will be surprised and satisfied.
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
Heartbeat
Species: Salmon

Post by Heartbeat »

I can help this weekend.
I have a tractor if you need any snowbanks moved.
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Post by Greenhorn »

I am thinking of breaking the boat out of storage this weekend. Is Converse still open? Any other launches in the area ice free? After several months of ice fishing, I am ready for open water fishing.