Port Henry - 12/16

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Port Henry - 12/16

Post by ChessieMan »

Dave and I fished out of PH yesterday and I can't complain about anything but the lack of salmon and browns - ran up to Fishville, not much on the NY but on the VT you couldn't go 100 yards without marking fish - if our catch was any indication of species - they were all lakers - I let Dave pick colors and the first one he picked was an fluorescent yellow/blue HB that had never seen the water - "Yuck" was my comment but Dave put in on anyway - added a Fishy1, blue/silver Speedi and a purple/black HB - I'm sure y'all can guess what happened - "yuck" caught 4 fish before any other rod went off -

then Dave broke it off on BIG? fish - replaced with w/fluorescent yellow/black dot Speedi and it worked.

Not sure how many fish we caught, 8 or 9 with another 9 or so releases - a beautiful day, we caught fish and the best was the company - Dave hadn't been on the Money Pit for two years dealing with family issues and it was Great to have him aboard.

I like catching fish, I love Frost-biting, but I'm getting a little tried of 200 mile tows to catch lakers - with snow again today covering the Money Pit and ice thick enough (especially after the next 3 nights) in Grafton Lakes - yesterday could have been the end to what was a rewarding season with Don and Dave back aboard, because it's the friends, not the fish that make the trip.

Anyway - Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and prosperous 2020 to all - see you in October - Ed
riddlervt
Species: Fins and Scales

Re: Port Henry - 12/16

Post by riddlervt »

Great post! Agree, its the fishing with friends, not the catch
Happy Holidays!
Riddler