Port Henry - 11/21

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Port Henry - 11/21

Post by ChessieMan »

Well, the unheard of finally happened - we CAUGHT FISH!!!!!! yesterday - took my friend Scott who has been my "lucky charm" and once again his "magic" made the day.

Beautiful day when we launched and it stayed that way - ran up to my usual spot, dropped down 2 riggers - blue/white MP6 HB and black/purple HB MP6 and 2 dipsy's - Sunrise Speedy and blue/silver Speedy - settled in at 2.8 Mph and before we could tidy up the boat - the port rigger fires - Scot grabs the rod and "FISH-on"! CPR an 18" laker and I'm giddy - 10 minutes in and we've already landed a fish - long story short - we landed 8 lakers, all 18-22", a 22" LS - which was a PB for Scott

and the surprise of the Day! 24"er

We had 12 other releases that we missed - environmentally sensitive hooks? - vast majority of bites came off dipsys - silver/blue Seedy and blue/white MP6 HB

Hoping this is the turn we've been hoping for - will be at it again Tuesday.
finsntins
Species: salmon

Re: Port Henry - 11/21

Post by finsntins »

nice job ed,way to stay after them,after the big blow today,looks like a stretch of some nice weather coming
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
dry net
Species: cold water

Post by dry net »

Thing are looking up !
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

Nice! Glad to hear you got into them! O man I sure hated working inside yesterday.
I haven't had a chance to get out on the kayak for a while, but tomorrow looks promising. And I've got my fingers crossed for the coming week, which is mostly work-free.

Photobucket is doing something weird. Your pics are blurred out.
JoeCotton
Species: salmon, trout, stripers

Post by JoeCotton »

Thanks for the report, CM. We fished PH Wednesday, and I mistakenly posted the report under “Tactics.” Congrats on the good day!
riddlervt
Species: Fins and Scales

Post by riddlervt »

Nice report! Love that Yamaha 115! I have same. DO you troll with that or do you have a kicker?
Riddler
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Post by ChessieMan »

Yes, the 115 is a BIG step up from my old 2-cycle Merc - yes I troll with it, can get down to 2.1 and it just sips fuel