Port Henry - 11/17

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Port Henry - 11/17

Post by ChessieMan »

Yes, I'm an addict, I can't stay away, I need that "fishin' fix"!

Started a little later yesterday (9AM) to avoid the single digit ride - it was quite nice by 9 and a very refreshing ride up lake. Started off Cole's and worked north, to the 100' line then headed along that line toward VT. A few fish on NY side, lots more on VT, mostly in 80-100FoW - but they all had lock-jaw.

Ran up to Scotch Bonnet and found some birds working a bit north of Basin Harbor - worked the area for 20-30 minutes - Nada - this story is/was getting old and once again the wind started to blow from the south and in 30 minutes it was sloppy. Just as I was making a turn to head up lake for one more pass - the unheard of happened - I had a RELEASE!!!!! - even scarier, there was a fish on when I got to the rod - It'd been so long, I almost forgot what to do - it was a laker, putting up the typical "boot full of water" fight, but I really didn't care - it was a FISH! Turned out o be a healthy 26"'er that was quickly released - AND then as I was putting the boat in order, the unheard of happened - the rod went off again! A smaller laker (18") this time, but again - a FISH!

It was 1PM when the dust settled and getting a bit bumpy - another ride south tight to the east side to avoid getting wet - but this time I had a smile on my face - sorry, no song in my heart - I'd finally caught fish - still haven't put a keeper salmon or brown in the boat - but a positive outcome -

The coming week doesn't have much appeal weather wise, except Thu, so, I guess that'll have to be the day.

OBTW - zero other boats out - either you guys know something I don't or you were all out deer hunting
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: Port Henry - 11/17

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Thanks for your report ChessieMan. Glad you got some fish to the boat. Never give up!
Not sure what is happening but we have not seen much posting on the forum lately.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Port Henry - 11/17

Post by fishy1 »

you got fish ed thats a start. keep on fishing.