Port Henry - 11/9

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Port Henry - 11/9

Post by ChessieMan »

There will be a public execution of the Marine Weather Forecaster, Monday @ 10AM!

The itch was and is unscratched, I watched the weather all week and Sat 'til 1PM looked good, so there I was at Port Henry launch this morning at 7:30, a stout south wind blowing little white caps north - Ahh, not too bad - I launch and head, or should I say "start pounding my way" to Fishville as soon as I clear the lee of the canal pier. I've been in a lot worse and if it stay's like this I can fish - well, it gets a little nastier and wetter and by the time I'm up to Coles, there 1/2" of ice on the entire boat - I have icicles hanging off my hoodie - pull up in 65 FoW to give it a try - promptly fall on my Butt!

No Way - I AM NOT going to do this - right back to PH launch - into the wind, adding another layer of ice.

Been here before so I head to Westport with intentions of fishing NW Bay out of the wind - roll down the hill, start turning into the launch and Oh SH_T - DEC has a flock of front end loaders blocking everything off.

Saturday fishing has been officially cancelled. Get the boat secured and in order, get out of ice bibs, boots wind breaker,..... head to E-town to visit Matt - but Matt is sleeping when I get there - so I go home.
finsntins
Species: salmon

Re: Port Henry - 11/9

Post by finsntins »

that sucks ed,but at least you gave it a try!!!!sucks about Westport being closed,was hoping to fish there next weekend.
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

sorry ed i took a little cat nap they could have woke me up. got a note from them later you didnt have a good day but a good try
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

1/2 the fun of frostbite fishing is battleing the elements. I still call it a win!
Todd
Todd