Port Henry - 11/3

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Port Henry - 11/3

Post by ChessieMan »

I've been battling a cold the last week and slept in yesterday - but felt pretty good this morning, so I hooked up the Money Pit and headed north - nice having sunrise an hour earlier, not so nice having sunset an hour earlier - at the launch the affects of the storm were very evident - water was high and dirty - then running north I was playing "Dodge 'em" with all sorts of "Flotsam & Jetsam" - but the water did clear up.

Started at Fishville, worked the NY side hard, marked lots of fish deep, not too much bait - No bites. Next ran up to Scotch Bonnet - about the same amount of fish marking, but no bait and no bites - even had a hot flock of gulls working about 100 yds. west of the Green Can - did a couple cloverleafs - nada - no bait under them either????????

Between 9:30 and 10:30, the wind came up from the south blowing ~15 and the waves followed, when I did a turn into the wind @ SB - all I could see were white caps - then the rain started and when it turned to sleet @11:30, I pulled the plug and pounded my way back to PH.

I took advantage of the early day and drove up to Elizabethtown and visited with Fishy for a while - now I'm watch football in front of the fire - this coming week doesn't too inviting - guess I'll just wait and see.
finsntins
Species: salmon

Re: Port Henry - 11/3

Post by finsntins »

if you are not concerned about chasing salmon and just want to move rods,there is no shortage of lakers in converse or whallons,run spoons 10-20 feet down,colors or types of spoons does not matter,they will bite anything!!!!!
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing