Port Henry - 10/26

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Port Henry - 10/26

Post by ChessieMan »

Spent an absolutely wonderful day on the water with Don, our first outing since his accident - Oh and by the way, it was a shared birthday (Don is younger and better looking). You don't know how much a good fishing partner means, until you lose one - yesterday the boat just felt right with Don in the left-hand seat, coffee in-hand and a lunch box full of venison sausage sandwiches - throw in a warm sunny day with no wind - and well, it doesn't get much better.

That is except for the fishing, or should I say "catching" - we had one "shaker" to the boat, a really emaciated, and apparently desperate perch and 5 "hit & runs" - we fished from the bridge to Barber's, both sides - marked fish, mostly deep and at 2PM finally decided a Klondike bar at Stewart's had more appeal than washing lures.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I've got a smoker in desperate need of fish - I've got to change something. And if my catch rate doesn't improve - I could be shooting myself insread of going to the "Shoot-out"!
dry net
Species: cold water

Re: Port Henry - 10/26

Post by dry net »

Don't despair, we fished around the same area yesterday with marginally better results. Hopefully in about a month things will be better! Good luck, Matt