Willsboro Bay-Corlear Bay

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
DrCaddis
Species: Salmonids

Willsboro Bay-Corlear Bay

Post by DrCaddis »

Spent some time in the bays the past week. Monday's weather was just magnificent and had some action at 120/185 fow with the mottled green/white honeybee by Tamiron trolling at 2.2 MPH. I also had some laker action on the sliders but no size to mention. Lots of lamprey on the bigger ones. I set them at 20 feet behind and tied directly to the ring for some nice spoon action. As I have just retired from teaching for 40 year, this is the first time I really have had the opportunity to fish in October...so much to learn..but this forum is most helpful, thank you to all who help us rookies on the water. I was going to try the frostbite derby last year but when it had to be moved to Sunday because of the weather it just wasn't possible. So hopefully this year will workout. Not sure how you enter but it looks like fun for sure, and it would be great to meet some fellow anglers. BTW I really like the Honeybee lures that everyone talks about and Jim is very nice to work with at Tamiron . Thanks for the extras too Jim.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Re: Willsboro Bay-Corlear Bay

Post by C-Hawk »

Just go fishing on that Saturday morning and show up at Point Bay Marina by boat before 1.
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

hey jeff,me and barry will be there thursday ,but we are staying in Vermont this year,not far from point bay marina,you going to be around for a couple cocktails????
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
Mr. Gill
Species: Bluegills

Post by Mr. Gill »

When trolling for lakers this time of year how far down with riggers? Can they be anywhere in the water column? Thanks.
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Post by Dilly Worm »

Mr. Gill wrote:When trolling for lakers this time of year how far down with riggers? Can they be anywhere in the water column? Thanks.
I have been catching them 20' down consistently every weekend in October... so far... Most people I've been talking to have been catching them in the 15'-30' depth range but I've heard of a few people getting the bigger ones down around 80 feet.
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Damn things are all over the water column right now.... and they are fighting like crazy in the cccold water
Matt B