10/13 converse

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ReelInvestment
Species: Salmon/lake trout

10/13 converse

Post by ReelInvestment »

Launched out of converse around 7 am with a greenhorn and an old friend looking for salmon. Ran a 6 rod spread, 4 riggers and 2 leadcore rods off the otter boats. Last week the 3 color leadcore was taking fish, this week not even a strike! Surface temp at 56 I figured salmon would and could be anywhere, so we had our lines from 35ft down to the surface. Fish busting around us most of the day. We ended up with 5 lakers, 1 eel, and 8 salmon. Only one over 15” but all released, most were right around that 13-14” range. Pink worked early, silver blue mid day and chartreuse took some fish after noon. If we had hooked all the strikes we had we probably would have landed 25+ fish. My best day salmon fishing this season by far. It was awesome to finally get into them even if they were short, glad to see some smaller ones for next season!
All in all a great fall day on the water and a great look into what’s to come this season! And we got another person hooked on the ways of trolling lake Champlain!
Good luck out there and tight lines! I’ll be back up there next weekend.
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: 10/13 converse

Post by fishy1 »

awsome even though they were small action was steady and fun. i love watching those salmon bust water on shore and dance its great to watch. champlain has lots of fish catching them is the fun part when they bite.
DreamWeaver
Species: Salmon, trout and bass

Post by DreamWeaver »

Nice to read such an encouraging report. Good news heading towards the Frostbite Derby. :)
DrCaddis
Species: Salmonids

Post by DrCaddis »

Great report, I too was on the water out of Willsboro Bay launching at 9am on Sunday. Headed to Corlear bay off Browns point. Was just a fantastic weather day with calm surface, spectacular colors and lots of action. Trolled back and forth across the bay north of Port Douglas in 120+ water with riggers at both 95 and 75 with sliders on both. Hooked 3 salmon on PEARL -ENHNC RAINBOW-BLUE/PINK honeybee by Tamiron as a slider on the 75 footer, nothing on bottom on that side. Landed 8 lakers, no size but lots of lamprey marks on the bottom 95 footer on GREEN/WHITE large honeybee. All were at 2.20 MPH Tons of fun, off the water at 3:45. Went back out on Monday with anticipated single digit wind and found ourselves in 3 foot waves and 15-20 mph winds from the southeast once we hit Corlear bay, caught one laker same as the day before then worked our way off the water to fish another day ;) Ill be back next week for sure if the weather allows. Hoping to do the Frostbite for the first time.