Port Henry - 10/12

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Port Henry - 10/12

Post by ChessieMan »

Had Bill with me again yesterday - what a day to be on the lake, watched the sun rises and colors ignite in their fall splendor - as a matter of fact, 100's of tourists were - "Oohing and Aahing" and taking photos all along Rte 22 on our way home for what we take for granted - we are lucky!

Too bad our fishing luck wasn't as bright! Taking a hint from Fishy, we started out right in front of Port Henry launch working the 30 ft edges in and out. Lots of bait (perch??????) and some really good marks - I started with HonyBee's on the riggers and stick baits off the divers we'd been trolling for about 45 minutes when - POW! the starboard diver rod is Slammed! Bill's on it like a "chicken on a June bug" - "Oh! this feels good" - it was head shaking good for about 5 minutes before we caught sight of it - a nice laker - after few more "hold your breath" moments, it was in the net

- Bill, as it turns out is a 30" laker magnet - did CPR (catch-photo-release) and saying a "Thank You Fishy" got back to trolling with renewed enthusiasm.

Spent another 2 hours looping from the bridge, into the bay, around the canal pier, north along the RR tracks, cross over to ELM Point, south and "do it again" - what we didn't do again was land a fish.

Around 10:30, hauled up and went north to checkout the 100 break - marked a lot more fish and bait than last week, but no hits - finished off the last hours back at the bridge - again, marked lots of small bait balls and several larger fish - but no bites.

Not that I want to, but the fish are going to get a break for 10 days as Anna is going on a trip and I have to be Mr. Mom to our new addition - Murphy

a very needy, assertive and stubborn Chessie. It's a battle of wills as to "who's training who?" that is a stalemate so far.

Good luck to all.
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Re: Port Henry - 10/12

Post by Dilly Worm »

great photo of the laker, and the puppy too !

how was the water color down south by the bridge ? Was it murky ?
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

That pup has some really beautiful eyes.. Loved the report.. Thanks for the great read....
Matt B
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Post by ChessieMan »

The water was very clear, after all this rain, I'm sure that will change