Home after 3 days of fishing

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ReelInvestment
Species: Salmon/lake trout

Home after 3 days of fishing

Post by ReelInvestment »

Well we just landed safely back home after a tiring 3 days of fishing. NOT ONE SALMON LANDED! I don’t know why we couldn’t catch salmon this weekend but after fishing a solid day Friday for them with nothing to show for it we decided to fish Lakers the rest of the weekend. Friday afternoon we ran north from Westport and ran to sloop. We found the lakers and found a program that was working, spinnin glows seemed to be the ticket, and we ended up landing several including a 31.5” 12.65 pound laker, beautiful fish with only one old lamprey mark on him.
Saturday morning we woke up early and headed to the launch. Plans to fish salmon early for a couple hours and then run right back to sloop. Back the boat in trim the motor down and turn the key. I was greeted with a very weak sluggish turnover and dead battery. Ught oh! Pull the boat out scratching my head going what am I supposed to do. LUCKILY another boat pulled in and they had a booster pack, I’m not sure if they are on the forum but, thank you guys we owe you one!!
I’ll be adding one of those booster packs to my fishing gear now!
Now we are on our way to look for the salmon we head south out of Westport and set up in northwest bay find temp and start trolling south. Marked some fish tried different speed, different spoons and everything and no takers, my girlfriend looks at me and says time to run north to sloop I think! It was early and I was hesitant but we pulled lines and headed north, glad we did because we really got into the lakers and better size again! Landed a few 10s and another stud about 11 pounds and 30 inches long, fun to see those big fish.
Sunday morning we slept in didn’t get to the launch until about 9:30 figured we would just go straight for sloop and laker fish again. Back the boat in dead battery. Hmm I look at the date, it’s from 2008. Now it’s a scramble looking for an auto parts store. Nothing close to Westport open but found that advanced was open in Vergennes so off we go across the bridge and up the VT side. Pull into advanced tear the battery out and after $102 and about 30 mins of wrenching we were headed for converse. Got there at 12:30 heat of the day to a slammed launch, what a disaster, even watched one boat slide off its trailer and hit the black top! And I thought an old dead battery was a bad day! Anyways we get out south of sloop and set 3 lines. The lakers were hungry tonight! Spoons any of them as long as they were yellow and green were slaying them. I think we boated 17 in 3 hours. Not much size tonight but still fun!
Also if anyone travels to Champlain like me and are looking for a decent place to stay Nelson’s cottages in Westport was awesome! Great people and very fair priced, a cottage that sleeps 4 is only $95 a night with a full kitchen and everything!
Thanks for taking the time to read all and I hope everyone had a good weekend on the waterways! Until next time tight lines and fish on!
-ReelInvestment
Attachments
0A2BAFD8-0CEF-47C9-A899-674E4D6DA51B.jpeg
0A2BAFD8-0CEF-47C9-A899-674E4D6DA51B.jpeg (162.98 KiB) Viewed 828 times
781D269E-F7B4-4195-845E-01CC84C77053.jpeg
781D269E-F7B4-4195-845E-01CC84C77053.jpeg (181.18 KiB) Viewed 828 times
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Home after 3 days of fishing

Post by fishy1 »

great report wonder were the salmon were they been catching them in that area . stinks when you have problems to but you over came it with help lots of great trollers out there ready to help.
Dead lake
Species: Lake trout

Post by Dead lake »

Always remember car or boat, change battery every three years, you will never have a problem, congratulations on the lakers.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing your weekend fun.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Nice lakers.... thanks for sharing!
Matt B