Change of plans

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ReelInvestment
Species: Salmon/lake trout

Change of plans

Post by ReelInvestment »

Decided to cancel my trip to Ontario due to high wind and big waves forecasted :( so I found a cabin to stay in near Westport and going to fish Champlain for 3 days. Excited to be able to fish for more than one day this weekend! Does anyone know if the salmon fishing is still good down around Westport? Again I’d like to target them mostly this weekend. I’ll keep everyone posted on how we do.
I’ll be on ch68, thanks and tight lines!
meangreen1
Species: salmon

Re: Change of plans

Post by meangreen1 »

The salmon have been biting at the usual places like Scotch Bonnet, Whalens, Diamond Island this summer. Just lots of weed balls and fleas but if you splice in some 30lb mono it keeps the fleas off. I should be out there Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning in my 1802 Bayliner Trophy. Maybe I’ll see you out there....
ReelInvestment
Species: Salmon/lake trout

Post by ReelInvestment »

Thanks! I switched to 30lb after I fished up there about a month ago and just had a mess of fleas what a pain. Hope to see you out there I’ll be in my tan with maroon soft top Starcraft islander. Tight lines!
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

had freinds fish northwest bay all last week and a little scotch bonnet no fleas and caught some nice salmon and steelheads 50 foot down and lots of small lakers. some weeds in certain spots they said. but the fish are there honey bees and crazy ivans were the go to lures they said.
goldeneye13
Species: Cold water

Post by goldeneye13 »

I was told cole bay just south of westport was good Tuesday. That’s the best i ve got. I may head down that way on Saturday. I ll keep you posted if i hear anything!!!

Fred