First Time fishing Champlain

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Kopenhagen11
Species: Bass

First Time fishing Champlain

Post by Kopenhagen11 »

Hi all,
I am going on vacation in 2 weeks up to Essex, New York. I'm bringing up my 18 foot aluminum boat. I spend a lot of time bass fishing in Maryland on the Susquehanna river. I am looking for some advice for Champlain. I fished Lake George last year around this time of the year and did well with ned rigs, senkos, and jerk baits. Any specific areas I should be targeting it. I'm not sure what to expect as far as water temperature this time of year. Thank You for any advice
Dead lake
Species: Lake trout

Re: First Time fishing Champlain

Post by Dead lake »

You fishing trout salmon or (dirt fish) bass?
Kopenhagen11

Post by Kopenhagen11 »

Looking to mostly fish bass but would also like to target some Lakers. I'm guessing I will need to do some jigging on rock piles for the trout? I've never targeted them anywhere before
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

Kopenhagen11 wrote:Looking to mostly fish bass but would also like to target some Lakers. I'm guessing I will need to do some jigging on rock piles for the trout? I've never targeted them anywhere before
lots of lakers in essex area cast for them like bass plenty of smallies also. i use krocodiles and honey bee casting lures for lakers and they work well bass like them also. lots of rocky shores in essex holding big lakers and smallies.
Last edited by fishy1 on Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kopenhagen11

Post by Kopenhagen11 »

Awesome thank you for the help. I love fishing for smallies on a rocky shore. Will bass still be shallow first week of july up there?
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

Kopenhagen11 wrote:Awesome thank you for the help. I love fishing for smallies on a rocky shore. Will bass still be shallow first week of july up there?
the smallies are stacked up in the bouquet right now most will be there for awhile