Inland Sea - Burton Island

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
DreamWeaver
Species: Salmon, trout and bass

Inland Sea - Burton Island

Post by DreamWeaver »

We launched out of West Swanton Sunday around 10 AM, made are way down to the structures south of Burton Island. I figured with the winds out of the south for a good part of the past 2 days, it would good location. As we trolled over the drop off with lines at 55, 45, 35 and 25 FOW there were marks all over the sonar between 45 to 65 FOW with some deeper. We gave it our best but to avail, we washed lures for about 3 hours and then called a day. It was a great day to be on the water. Our return was met with surprise, the train bridge was closed, we made under with about 4 inches to spare.
image001.png
image001.png (103.84 KiB) Viewed 665 times
tmcaul
Species: salmonids

Re: Inland Sea - Burton Island

Post by tmcaul »

It was also a very slow day for us. We went 2 for 4. One laker and one salmon. Also lost a salmon pretty close to the boat, but that's okay for my son and I because we mostly catch and release. Salmon were decent size, but not large. We fished further south than you did, from Diamond Island to the Panton shoreline. No excuses, but water temps had dropped greatly since our outing two days earlier. Surface temps on Sunday were 59 degrees and water at 25' was 50 degrees instead of the 55 degree water on Friday.

Chatter on our radio was mostly about a slow bite.
Tom
"Tyee, Too"
18' Lund
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Inland Sea - Burton Island

Post by Reelax »

Thanks for the update guys... up north where we were on the broad lake it was same temp top to 80 fow which doesn’t bode well for a bite... Hope it sets up soon...
Matt B