Free Fishing Day 6/8

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
mudchuck
Species: perch

Free Fishing Day 6/8

Post by mudchuck »

Finally after several years of near misses on dates to get out and fish, got my eldest son & daughter-in-law out on the main lake to fish for the day.
Launched from Lamoille, headed across outer Mallett's and set up trolling for lakers between the fill & Stave.
Small boat - only 3 lines out, downrigger, leadcore & dipsy. Started in the 100FOW with leadcore out 5 colors, downrigger down 50 & 100' back and dipsy with ring down 60'. All 3 lines had various colored spoons on them.

We trolled 2MPH downwind, 1st pass no action but lots of bait marked, turned and headed into the wind with no hits and seeing more bait.
Made turn into 2nd pass and bam, leadcore fores and my son gets his 1st ever laker - 4# with only and old lamprey wound that healed up.

Made several more passes and marked several fish but no takers. Finally just before noon, the wind had picked up enough that we were bouncing a little more and D-i-L needed to pee, so we went to the fill and let her head to the potty at the end of the bike path, then decided to head back tot he river for a few more hours of slow trolling the river to see if we could get a smally or whatever would bite just to get her hooked into a fish. pulled crawler harnesses and jig heads with grub tails but no bites. Went up to the deeper hole near the bridge and it was loaded with white perch so we farted out there for a while catch & releasing them until we got bored and were ready to get out of the sun.

They enjoyed the outing and took the laker home which I filleted for them and they grilled that night and said they enjoyed it very much and want to go again sometime soon.
JabberJaws
Species: all

Re: Free Fishing Day 6/8

Post by JabberJaws »

Sounds like a fun trip maybe they got bit by the fishing bug and you will have to take them again. Ramel
Quit Wishing Go Fishing
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Free Fishing Day 6/8

Post by Reelax »

Now that sounds like an epic lake and river adventure... thanks for sharing...
Matt B