Up and down the lake

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Just Rite (Taycon)
Species: Salmon,lake trout

Up and down the lake

Post by Just Rite (Taycon) »

Arrived Thursday to camp up on Grand Isle for the Rotary Derby with my dad. Played around on the inland Thurs afternoon and was able to pick up one short salmon.
Friday on the water at 4:45 lines in at 5:15
fished the sea again until 8:00 and caught 0.
Headed across outer mallets to valcour. Marked bait and fish 60-100+. Proceeded to pick off Lakers over 60-90fow from 16 to 50 ft down. Did land one 8.25lb up near Cumberland head. Finished the day with 12 Lakers. Sat am on the water at 415 calm conditions allowed us to blast south. Stopped near Burlington to check temps,bait etc. Then cranked it up again going straight to split rock. Set up and hooked up with two small Lakers. Trolled across to diamond and got into muddy water. Picked up two short salmon. Had lures within 6 ft of the ball with vertical flash. From there headed south of Westport and picked up 8 salmon 2 Lakers and 2 browns. One my father weighed in and it topped out at 4.45lbs. Real pretty fish. Other was 3.5lbs. We headed north around 2:30 a lot rougher than when we headed down.
Long ride. Finished up the day north of the Plattsburgh ferry with 3 more Lakers. Hot lures for us were needlefish purple, Sutton 61 silver copper, speedy silver copper, 61 with pink and black. Most fish caught 2.5 colors on lead and 16-20ft on riggers.
Sunday was a slow start, we stayed up north near valcour and managed 7 Lakers until noon quiting time. Can't wait to be back in two weeks. Staying south this time. My dad is excited to fish his first LCI after hearing stories from me and others.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1553529358836.jpg
FB_IMG_1553529358836.jpg (67.76 KiB) Viewed 1629 times
IMG_20190518_103937.jpg
IMG_20190518_103937.jpg (66.73 KiB) Viewed 1629 times
Screenshot_20190601-101920.png
Screenshot_20190601-101920.png (353.25 KiB) Viewed 1629 times
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Up and down the lake

Post by fishy1 »

great report and sounds like you were dialed in. welcome to lake champlains great fishery.
Just Rite (Taycon)

fishy1 wrote:great report and sounds like you were dialed in. welcome to lake champlains great fishery.
Been fishing Champlain for 16 years now. Still a lot to learn. I haven't posted in a long time.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

WOW... you guys are lake travelers... to go from the Inland Sea all the way Westport and back in in day and still have time to put fish in the boat just amazes me... Great story and pics... you guys fished HARD and got some nice fish to prove it...

Thanks for sharing!
Matt B
Just Rite (Taycon)

Reelax wrote:WOW... you guys are lake travelers... to go from the Inland Sea all the way Westport and back in in day and still have time to put fish in the boat just amazes me... Great story and pics... you guys fished HARD and got some nice fish to prove it...

Thanks for sharing!
Haha yeah, the early morning calm conditions made me do it. Won't happen again any day soon. I had been docking boat at point bay marina the last few years and will be again during the LCI weekend.
Butcher
Species: cold water

Post by Butcher »

Glad you decided to start posting again!

Thanks for the report!
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

wow good report keep on a chasing see you on the water in the lci.
DreamWeaver
Species: Salmon, trout and bass

Post by DreamWeaver »

Enjoyed the report and I can relate to extensively travelling the lake.
JabberJaws
Species: all

Post by JabberJaws »

Great report. Good luck in the LCI. Ramel
Quit Wishing Go Fishing