Schooled by C-Hawk

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Skylander
Species: That which swims & tastes good

Schooled by C-Hawk

Post by Skylander »

Yesterday afternoon I was able to get out on the water for a few hours chasing the silvers. Derby boat traffic had died down for the most part in this area of the lake and water temps finally made me shift gears away from the very successful ad satisfying Spring walleye run!
With C-Hawk being boatless this weekend, as he is already in the midst of preparing it for his favorite frostbite season, I had him aboard for endless wisdom and entertainment. I was 1 for 1 with a little guy that was kept, being the first of the season for me. My partner, well he was 0 for something, but certainly that was my fault somehow! Bait balls are starting to form in familiar areas as expected and the purple still fired as well as a silver cheater setup. Seeing most activity 40+ down, but did have releases higher in the column.
First trip logged in the NY state Trout and Salmon Angler Logbook, I'd encourage participation in this study, as it will only help our fishery.
First 2019 Salmon
First 2019 Salmon
IMG_8327.JPG (162.14 KiB) Viewed 826 times
campskylandvt.com
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Re: Schooled by C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

The one I lost at the boat was much bigger than Joey's. Had a bunch of releases too! Must be the damn Roemer releases.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Oh man... I gotta get you guys on Reelax... I think we could have a great run and some memories we wouldn’t soon forget... Love the story and area of the lake your workin.... will be there soon....
Matt B
flyguy
Species: atlantic salmon

Post by flyguy »

Wat to go Joey, I knew we'd make a salmon fisherman out of ya! Nothin' like it.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

great report joey did jeff actually fish or was just along for the ride.sounds like he had lots fo releases but noone home again. a great team you 2 keep it up.
Skylander
Species: That which swims & tastes good

Post by Skylander »

Reelax wrote:Oh man... I gotta get you guys on Reelax... I think we could have a great run and some memories we wouldn’t soon forget... Love the story and area of the lake your workin.... will be there soon....

I'm game! Sounds like a large time indeed.
campskylandvt.com
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by keithm87 »

Sounds like you guys had some fun! The first of the year is always the hardest, but with warmer weather will come some predictability to the salmon. They are tough when they can be in 1ft of water or 200.