Weekend update

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
goldeneye13
Species: Cold water

Weekend update

Post by goldeneye13 »

Sorry about the delay for the report. Saturday am headed down to Port Henry figured it wouldn’t rain to long and would try it before that wind would pick up. Launched out at 6:15 started trolling about 400 yards south of the launch. Set 2 rigger and 2 rods with one color on the board. Just about done setting up anf first fish on. On a board, silver, blue and purple challenger stickbait. Kept going south pick up on more. The first pass i made close in to shore. We could see them jump around and feeding but they didn’t bite. We decided a complete change up so we put out Measles, White russian, Milkshake sausage gravy Dirthy hooker. Turn around headed north in the 20 ft line. Every pass was one fish. At 9:45 my buddy was wet and cold so we called it a day with 12 boated and 2 lost. The best color was Measles on the rigger 50 back 15 down. Because it was early before heading back to Alburg we decided to stop at Norm bait and tackle. The owner is very nice, i got some new colors and both a couple of hitec lure. After that we headed back North

Sunday am weather was much drier. Started with the same pattern except i put on the board Noisy boy 150 back one color leadcore and dirthy hooker 130 back on the other board with one color leadcore. White russian was 60 back, 10 ft down. Measles the same as previous day. Has we got out at 6:20 already 5 boats in the bay. So we entered the bay but stayed in the 20-24 fow. By the time we made the first pass we had 6 boated and 1 lost. We trolled the same area until noon to finish the am with 24 boated and 4 lost. The biggest one being 5 lbs. The most efficient for us was the board and lead core with 20 of the 28 fish.

Noticed alot of lamprey marks on the fish Sunday and 2 actually still had one stock on them. The lamprey became seagull food. :D .

It was a great weekend. [img]
ABB4DCBA-A918-43F2-9C90-B669BF36CF6F.jpeg
ABB4DCBA-A918-43F2-9C90-B669BF36CF6F.jpeg (284.11 KiB) Viewed 905 times
[/img]
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Weekend update

Post by fishy1 »

great job think we passed each other sunday i was in the tracker targa v18 . you did better than us as we caught 3 out of the 5 in the trench. usually there caught on the shore line. nice report found it very interesting.
goldeneye13

Post by goldeneye13 »

fishy1 wrote:great job think we passed each other sunday i was in the tracker targa v18 . you did better than us as we caught 3 out of the 5 in the trench. usually there caught on the shore line. nice report found it very interesting.
If you saw a Florida boat ( Keywest) then we crossed for sure. And yes it is interesting because i haven’t been doing that great in the shallows water with stickbaits unless i m in really early for the first pass before boat traffic. Maybe just trolling to fast with the stickbaits. :(

I ve havent found the reason yet so i stick to what works for me. It s a haul for me to fish that area but i enjoy the size of the fish, the bite and the general area.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Nicest fish I’ve seen this year... great job goldeneye you deserve it. Love how your boat can fish salt and fresh... very versatile... I’ll have to go that root at some point...
Matt B
goldeneye13

Post by goldeneye13 »

Reelax wrote:Nicest fish I’ve seen this year... great job goldeneye you deserve it. Love how your boat can fish salt and fresh... very versatile... I’ll have to go that root at some point...
I just love how it handels lake Champlain square waves :) .
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

All my salmon had significant lamprey wounds also.