ist trip with targav18 2019

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
fishy1
Species: many species

ist trip with targav18 2019

Post by fishy1 »

4/28/2019 got my ist trolling in this morning with jimmer (targav18_ and ed (reelfun) i bullwagga bay. 15 boats when we got there but had plenty of room and everyone was very cool. started off with me catching a nice 19 inch salmon on a trout pattern casting honey bee lure. then we made the long trip down the shore line to deep bay with no hits. freind was in his canoe and he landed 3 before we even got there. but on the way back i had a good one hit my rod and broke me off at the knot guess it was my knot. then we circled the trench and jimmer had a release and lands a nice 4 and 1/2 lb salmon. then i and ed hve 2 releases and i land a steelhead and eds nobody home. set out lines back out and 2 more releases with noone home. as i let out my line ed was letting out line on a otter board and i was holding my rod waiting to put it on the rigger when i have a pounding hit right in my hands with the rod bouncing off ed leg and the fish busted water and went on his way. made another pass there and 0 releases so we went back to the shore line and ed has a release and lands a pickeral. then a smallie 15 minutes later. so we went back to the trench and ed gets a release and land his ist salmon then as we were picking up i see my rod bouncing but didnt release i land a salmon. a fun day on the water all fish caught on riggers except one. my rids were set at 3 feet and 7 feet. the hot lure was my casting honey bees trout pattern no fish landed on stick baits jimmer had 1 on.

ImageImagepnb bank atm locator

Sawyer
Species: All

Re: ist trip with targav18 2019

Post by Sawyer »

The bay was busy today. I was their fishing solo I ended up with 2 Salmon and a big pickerel. I fished the bay on Friday late afternoon got 1 salmon in the boat and lost a good one buy the boat. Saturday afternoon i wen't to Arnold's Bay as it was to rough to launch at the bridge and got 2 Lakers.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Sawyer wrote:The bay was busy today. I was their fishing solo I ended up with 2 Salmon and a big pickerel. I fished the bay on Friday late afternoon got 1 salmon in the boat and lost a good one buy the boat. Saturday afternoon i wen't to Arnold's Bay as it was to rough to launch at the bridge and got 2 Lakers.
i thought that was you good job don
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

i used my new Fishy1 Casting Bee to catch my Salmon.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Sawyer wrote:i used my new Fishy1 Casting Bee to catch my Salmon.
that is cool don. im glad fmb got his supply back in just in time. the one i used today on the targav18 boat was the best lure of the day in that boat to. had both set on riggers 1 3 and the other 7 feet down.
Mr. Gill
Species: Bluegills

Post by Mr. Gill »

Congrats, Matt!
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

5/18/2019 my 2nd trip with my freind jimmer with guest justin from up north. the morning white caps out of the north and the bite was slow in the 22 fow so we headed to 10 fow and trolled. had our lines on riggers set 50 feet back and depths from 3 to 5 feet. it didnt take long to connect i land a chunky salmon then another release 5 minutes later and justin connects. . then we added a couple of pickeral . on a swing back had a a pounding release and fish on 1 jump and gone. a nice 4 or 5 lb salmon. the wind was a little lighter then and it was more confortable . got 2 more salmon justin nice ones sent him home with 3 salmon and a pickeral. he was a happy camper. jimmer drove the boat and was the netter . we had some needling going on and justin got most of it. :lol: :lol: :lol: the hot lures were a rainbow honeybee and a mtn spring rainbow . mtn spring lures are jimmers hand painted lures he does an outstanding jobImageImage