cormorants bullwagga bay

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
fishy1
Species: many species

cormorants bullwagga bay

Post by fishy1 »

4/16/2019 had a very short window for some shore casting and when i go there found these cormorants not 100 but hundreds so many i couldnt get them all in pics. for the fishing through the ice fisherman are wondering where are the yellow perch well i think these cormorants put a big dent in the population of all fish here in port henry . i think its about time the feds take action as every year they are multilplying. it just plain disgusting. :(Imageto the nearest gas stationImagegas station opening hoursImageImage
fishy1

Re: cormorants bullwagga bay

Post by fishy1 »

the cormorants were on the shore and in the water half way across bullwagga bay. tried to get them all in my pics but to many wasnt even close. they ruin the landscapes not to mention the diseases they cause to to other fish crapping in the water and eat almost every species of fish in the water . so how long will it take for that many cormorants to eat most all of the perch in the bay. not long for sure. something needs to be done pronto im probably going get no action but im hoping the fisherman get the message they are ruining our fishing and land scaping on lake champlain.
Last edited by fishy1 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Some day we'll have to take matters into our own hands.
ThreeBuoys
Species: Bass,Salmon,Trout

Post by ThreeBuoys »

I'm told they migrate to the wetlands of Florida in the Winter. Maybe we can get the Good Ol boys from the South to take care of them before they head Nord in the Spring.
goldeneye13
Species: Cold water

Post by goldeneye13 »

:D I wouldn’t mind taking care of them
Before they head south.
bagman
Species: trout

Post by bagman »

The feds want to blast these things as much as we do. Unfortunately their hands are tied by litigation from a nature group. The key would be to get them off the protected list so states could regulate them as they see fit. They can't even oil the eggs at this point. And yes perch are their main prey although they'll eat about anything
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by keithm87 »

I always harass them when I am in the boat. From everything I can find harassing them in a non-lethal way is legal. So when I see them, I waste a little extra gas and aim for them with the boat.
Off season
Species: Salmon/Lakers

Post by Off season »

I heard its ok to kill them now! New Law
"OFF SEASON"
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Off season wrote:I heard its ok to kill them now! New Law
in canada i dont thnk here although i would like that
Wdrnr
Species: Salmon Lakers, warm if needed

Post by Wdrnr »

I was just down to the outer banks in N Carolina. The migration and feeding on the waterfront was constant at both ends of the day. I couldn’t begin to guess how many thousands passed through or were actively feeding near shore . The bad part was they were all heading north.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

brown trout stocking in port henry will be soon in may this worries me as it does every year .