Gotta love those boys in blue.... Get your boat inspected FOR 2019

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Gotta love those boys in blue.... Get your boat inspected FOR 2019

Post by Reelax »

Hey guys... We met the Burlington day shift coast guard team at converse the other day. They were doing a truck survey of the whole lake shore for anyone who may need help. What a great group of young mariners. Meeting these guys made me feel safe to do the crazy frost bite stuff we do... Raz sure somehow though he was the commanding officer by the time we parted....

These guys are local, and from as far away as Michigan and Hawaii!!! A fine group and make me proud to be American.

My thanks to those guys and all the others who protect us across this big pond every time we launch....
Attachments
4127894E-1D94-40A1-B8F0-C32062996954.jpeg
4127894E-1D94-40A1-B8F0-C32062996954.jpeg (245.16 KiB) Viewed 971 times
Matt B
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Gotta love those boys in blue.... Get your boat inspected FOR 2019

Post by fishy1 »

glad to see raz in there. :) :) :)
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

No cuffs?
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

GIDDY UP!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

So did you do the inspection and get a sticker? We do an annual early inspection every year through Point Bay. Coast Guard is an awesome backstop, and their boat management, piloting and swimmer skills are what keep us all safe. You describe "crazy frost bite stuff." I disagree. I was drawn to this community because it was always understood to be safety in numbers, and the community was open on the marine radio. Properly outfitted, and with good seamanship, it isn't "crazy." Thankful for the Coast Guard, but know your limits!
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

TUnamas wrote: You describe "crazy frost bite stuff." I disagree. I was drawn to this community because it was always understood to be safety in numbers, and the community was open on the marine radio. Properly outfitted, and with good seamanship, it isn't "crazy." Thankful for the Coast Guard, but know your limits!
The key words in your post is "good seamanship". Sometimes we don't fit that mold...but get a little crazy. Enough to scare ourselves. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry