Nothing to report yet

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Nothing to report yet

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Uggg third morning this week I have gottten out of bed to a fresh layer of snow and there is still 6”’s of the hard stuff on the ground. The anticipation is killing me! Its like I am 6 years old and Christmas morning keeps getting pushed back a week every other day.
Hope everyone is staying busy..... I did count and polish my flash kings in the basement last night, I am down to 3867! I am jumping in the truck right now and heading north to search tackle shops for them right now.
See you on the water soon
Todd
Todd
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Nothing to report yet

Post by fishy1 »

i cant wait todd its been a long winter . it will be so nice to see the fleet out there again . i will have a little surprise for you and others this year as i wont be able to hide as good . im pushing for april splash down.
stop by and say hello ill be in this at times wont be hiding all the time todd

The River Rat
Species: Anything that swims

Post by The River Rat »

This spring has seemed to have kept a tightly clenched fist down here in my neck of the woods also. Last few outtings have been brutally hard core with massive ice flows, high winds, murky water and low temps. Have managed to put a few "keepers" in the boat for the DYP shore lunch tho. Released some "others" early on that had to many eggs to justify a feed. Hope that plaque has made good conversation Todd, thanks again for the show!
Screenshot_20190317-210559.png
Screenshot_20190317-210559.png (704.34 KiB) Viewed 1686 times
see you guys soon
A White
The River Rat

Post by The River Rat »

Only 38 hundred ehh?!!
A White
nhjim
Species: coldwater

Post by nhjim »

managed to get some tracks and rod holders mounted on my boat this weekend. were still long way away from any open water in the lakes region nh. patiently waiting for champ to open up again. well waiting anyway.
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by keithm87 »

Forecast looks promising for broad lake to say goodbye to ice in the near future. I can't imagine the areas outside of the Winooski have that much ice to begin with, a couple warm days with some wind and I would think it may go away. I am still hopeful for the first weekend of April which is my target each year. Going to pull the boat from the snowbank next saturday and do preseason prep.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Reelax is ready.... after years of fishing right thru the months since I bought the boat I can’t tell you how hard this winter was... we are still coming down to fish it March 28,29,30 April 1 Todd... we will just have to take a road trip to Hampton beach to find fish....
Matt B
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

The River Rat wrote:This spring has seemed to have kept a tightly clenched fist down here in my neck of the woods also. Last few outtings have been brutally hard core with massive ice flows, high winds, murky water and low temps. Have managed to put a few "keepers" in the boat for the DYP shore lunch tho. Released some "others" early on that had to many eggs to justify a feed. Hope that plaque has made good conversation Todd, thanks again for the show!Screenshot_20190317-210559.png see you guys soon
That looks toooo tasty Andy!!!! Can’t wait for the 3rd dyp with the mega walleye fry!!!!!!! That has become the best spring day of the year thanks to you and John. You musta fried 30 lbs last year!!!!!!
Matt B
The River Rat

Post by The River Rat »

May have to coax Todd into trading me a speedy shines or 2 for a bag of the good stuff....! :lol:
A White
The River Rat

Post by The River Rat »

Walleye fillets....
A White
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

nhjim wrote:managed to get some tracks and rod holders mounted on my boat this weekend. were still long way away from any open water in the lakes region nh. patiently waiting for champ to open up again. well waiting anyway.
What did you put on for tracks / rod holders, nhjim? I've been shopping around to do the same with my boat this year. I'm leaning toward Cisco tube rod holders. Does anyone have any experience with them? Lifetime warranty and no plastic are 2 of the things I like about them.

Thinking I'm going to pull the boat out of the snowbank this week sometime and start getting things prepped. Can't wait!
nhjim
Species: coldwater

Post by nhjim »

I went with the cisco . i only had room for 24" track each side. 2 tubes on each for now. when i upgrade my riggers may add another 12" per side and mount those also in the tracks. couple cradle holders in my future but have to wait. I fish with drynet on the forum in his boat most of the year and thats what he set his up with. theyve been flawless since he put them on and cant ask for a better company to deal with.
JabberJaws
Species: all

Post by JabberJaws »

I have seen the Cisco rod holders and they look good but have never used them. We have the Berts Custom Tackle Racheting rod holders no plastic, very strong and they ratchet up when you set the hook. Track 6 inch up to 3 feet and rod holders in stock here at The Old Fishing Hole Gun Shop. Lots and lots of Crazy Ivans ready to fish also. Ramel
Quit Wishing Go Fishing
Reelax
Site Admin

Post by Reelax »

Great to hear from you Ramel! How the shop going... you must have been very busy lately as we have missed you!
Matt B
JabberJaws
Species: all

Post by JabberJaws »

Good to be here again. The shop is allways busy lots of cool new stuff coming in. But the Crestliner Sabre is almoast done (new floor, transom, top and outboard). I will be fishing this year busy or not. Is the ice gone yet?!!!!!! Ramel
Quit Wishing Go Fishing