April?

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
digitroll (ron)

Re: March is getting closer.....

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Found another nice 25" plus fish from the archives from an early trip out from 2017. This one was released as well!

ThreeBuoys
Species: Bass,Salmon,Trout

Post by ThreeBuoys »

Another nice fish.
Unless things change drastically, we will still be jigging perch thru the ice in the outer bay in March.
digitroll (ron)

I was at Shelburne point today on a test drive turning around at the ship yard. The broad lake looked froze over looking across. Kind of like Antartica! Maybe March 22nd now?

finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

IMG_0492 (1).JPG
IMG_0492 (1).JPG (65.63 KiB) Viewed 1621 times
IMG_0488.JPG
IMG_0488.JPG (26.79 KiB) Viewed 1621 times
this was from Selkirk shores,some of the ice piles were almost 20 feet high!!!!!there wasn't any ice at the mexico launch,but there was a three foot high snow drift at the top of the ramp and the lot was a sheet of ice,i chickened out,i didn't want to get stuck!!!!
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
ThreeBuoys

Post by ThreeBuoys »

ThreeBuoys

Post by ThreeBuoys »

Sorry, screwed up the last photo try.
My February Boat:
digitroll (ron)

With the 10 day forecast and lows of single numbers most of next week it looks unseasonably cold next week. Isn't going to happen soon. March is coming in like a Lion. March 22nd maybe?
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

nice pic ron of that 2017 salmon you released. cold for another week is right. i cant wait for bullwagga bay to open up there catching salmon through the ice but its not the same as i like casting for them and feel the hits and what i seen so far it could be a stellar season and go right into july . lots of alewifes and some smelt even 10 miles below the crown point bridge. dont know how much longer i can be patient though. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
digitroll (ron)

10-4 Matty. Another friend of mine is guessing April 3rd or so before we will have an open launch at Converse. Went skiing today with the kids and their friends at Smugglers. At least we can enjoy the sunshine this afternoon and light winds at 3,640 ft. on top of Madonna Mtn. Only a 5 minute lift line wait. Awesome!

digitroll (ron)

Re: April?

Decided to change the original title to "April?" Some good skiing left. I will let the boat sleep another month in hibernation in the man cave waiting for season #7 for my Fishmaster 196. Stop by and say hello at the Vt Home and Marine display this upcoming boat show Friday-Sunday at the Essex fairgrounds.

Good thing we have other options for Winter in Vermont! :) The boat is ready to go with no prep time similar to Street Outlaws with "no prep" racing. :)

Imagefind the nearest exxon mobil gas station
digitroll (ron)

As this cold week continues with ice as thick as 6" in Whalon's Bay reported and 4-6" off Shelburne point texted to me from friends I decided to visit Mad River Glen on Monday as the warmest day of the week forecasted. I was off the slopes at noon after 3 hours of skiing. Bolton ski area for $25 Mondays and 40F should be nice for this upcoming Monday as skiing continues to be tremendous for March till we see open water at Converse by early April.

tmcaul
Species: salmonids

Post by tmcaul »

Smuggs offers a free ski pass for us fishermen and fisherwomen who are over 70. (Maybe only for VT residents, not sure.) There's a small admin fee, but it's a great deal.
Tom
"Tyee, Too"
18' Lund
digitroll (ron)

Stop by and say hello at the Boat show at the Essex Fairgrounds Friday-Sunday at the Vt Home and Marine display.

digitroll (ron)

High Performance Tri-Tooning by Regency! Power bimini at the push of two buttons for raising and lowering / Rear view camera / 250 hp Verado. 53 mph with the 250 hp or an option to go 300 or 350 hp.! It has troll control on the Smart craft gauges! With ski pylon it's perfect for towing sports!

dry net
Species: cold water

Post by dry net »

14" of ice yesterday near Scotch bonnet