Stillwater - 1/3

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Stillwater - 1/3

Post by ChessieMan »

After much consideration & second guessing, the Money Pit II has been put up for a "long winter's sleep" and my focus is turning to the ice (when it gets here).

It was a wonderful year for me from many aspects - first and most importantly, I got to fish another "Frost-bite" season! I caught lots of fish - which is one of, but not the most important reason I go fishing - I go fishing because I enjoy it - some days I enjoy fishing alone with my own thoughts, and other times a "good friend" makes the day.

Speaking of "good friends", I had a dose of reality over the Holidays, I got a call from Don's wife - Don my ice, striper & Champlain fishing partner who also shares my B-day - he was doing chores on the farm and was struck by a large falling tree limb - he was Medi-vac'd to AlbanyMed w/broken, hip, clavicle, 5-ribs and a punctured lung - fortunately, he is on the mend - it just shows us how impermanent and fragile we are - enjoy it while you got it!

I'd like to thank all "Frost-bite" fleet who have so willingly shared info over the years - you've made me a better angler - and while I'm at it, please share - I've taken numerous people of varying skills fishing over the years - I can hand them my rod/reel, bait it for them and show them where to cast, but I can't teach them how to fish, there is an intuitive part and then there is "practice, practice and patience, patience" - there few real secrets.

I hope the New Year brings everyone health, after that it up to you - tight lines - Ed aka "Chessieman"
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Stillwater - 1/3

Post by fishy1 »

thank you ed good post. sorry to hear about your freind don that is terrible. hopefully he will recover like new. will see you on the water again. enjoy the ice fishing and good luck. who knows you might run into me.
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Chessieman:

Hope your friend heals well and soon. Send him our regards!
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Happy New Year and I hope your friend mends up well....Wishing him a full and speedy recovery.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry