Dec.30-31st.

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
will nolan (swilly)
Species: whatever bites!

Dec.30-31st.

Post by will nolan (swilly) »

We had a great 2 days of fishing. Cabin temps on the 70s, good food and great weather. Sun- We fished barn rock north as barnrock south hasn't produced. We hit a nice pocket of fish out front of grog. We circled the area for a couple hours and managed 5 salmon a couple Lakers early morning. 45 down 50 back on silver and blue blades and swilly blues travelers. That little spoon is still kicking butt. Mon- same setup. We fished split rock south to grog in the south wind with missed fish and false releases. Picked up and moved to vermont side and fish Thompsons before the blow. We caught 4 salmon and few Lakers in the south wind rip. Biggest 22 inches. Good to see the boys out. Finish the year with relax off my starboard. Hope you got em ole boy. Great way to finish the year. On to new friendships and great fishing in 2019. I'd post pics but I cant seem to get it working. Happy new year to all my frostbite friends.
Will nolan "swilly"
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Re: Dec.30-31st.

Post by C-Hawk »

Way to go Will. Have you tried jigging up a laker this time of year?
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

great report will would like to see some more frostbite posts. happy new year and fish on.
will nolan (swilly)

Haven't tried jigging any Lakers. I sure have noticed them piled up in some spots tho. You got it Matthew! :-)
Will nolan "swilly"
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Great to see you guys out there Will. That cabin has great visability and looks like room for 6! It must be 14’ of covered and protected area under that top... we had a fun day, crossing in the dark in the waves we couldn’t see that had to be around 4’ was interesting. The spray was not freezing so I did it, otherwise we would setup in Vt, black ghost was on our tail so confidence was high. We picked away at them, but the biggest one of the day was this huge, 22.5” lamprey. Deano brought it up on the port ball from 40’ down!! Had to pull it off with a wrench. :twisted:

Fish were all surface to 45’. We got a nice silver in front of Garden after we saw ya on a long lined doger and fly on the surface 200’ back. Blue and silver anything worked for us. (Thanks for the intel Jeremy) A CraZy Ivan hot hooker fired well till Deano busted the hook. A spoon Todd left in the boat 2 weeks ago, blue sheen also fired well...

We stayed another hr after you left really hoping to put my nefew into a 6+ lb fish, it it didn’t pan out. By the time we left, our counter was at 6, only 1 laker... 5 salmon... the longest being the lamprey... so I gues we got 7... :roll:

Warning... there was a 10, cedar log floating north on the NY side of the broad lake. It was near the unicorn at 1st light and north of split by noon. It’s headed for willsborrrow. If there is 1 there is more. River flows are high. Be safe....

HERE IS THR A GREAT 2019 on the lake!!!

Fish on.
Attachments
FDC9FA6A-627A-47EB-AEBD-52336CD4A74A.png
FDC9FA6A-627A-47EB-AEBD-52336CD4A74A.png (450.79 KiB) Viewed 716 times
22.5” lamprey 12/31/18
22.5” lamprey 12/31/18
35463D05-F2C8-4192-8AB8-FA4371483D02.jpeg (102.73 KiB) Viewed 719 times
Matt B
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

thats a huge lamprey matt biggest i ever saw wow. the last time i was up that way i think saturday saw those logs heading south towards split rock and whallons and one beached where i was fishing on shore. every one needs to be on the watch for those logs as there were many
will nolan (swilly)

Great post. The boat has alot of room. I'm surprised I like as much as I do. Floating shanty. :-) blue and silver have been my go to the last month. That's the biggest lamprey I've ever seen. Glad you guys had a good day. The waves were a little more then noaa predicted lol. No worries of overspray on my boat. Lol. I cant wait to get out again. Tight lines and heres to another great year!!!
Will nolan "swilly"