Port Henry - 12/23

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Port Henry - 12/23

Post by ChessieMan »

It all started Saturday when Anna, my wife, came over to me and asked "Will you do me a favor?" I couldn't hide, poor planning on my part, I was trapped! What could it be now? I'd already conceded to Christmas dinner with my sister's family - I am the "black sheep" of the family - the "Antichrist" to my sister so I thought I'd done my duty - but apparently there was more.

"Yeah I suppose, what do you want?"

"Will you go fishing and catch a couple lake trout for me?" - After I recovered consciousness from falling off my chair, I said - "Sure, why?"

"There's a Lebanese guy who works at the Food Pantry with me who was complaining about not having a fresh fish for Christmas Eve dinner. He heard me talking about you throwing fish (lake trout) back."

"Well, yeah, I can probably catch a laker, but they don't taste too good, pretty oily"

"They usually have carp - so I think a laker might be a step up"

So, that's how I ended up launching at Port Henry yesterday.

It was a bit "Frosty" early

but it all laid down around 10 and it was really a pleasant day.

Too bad the fish didn't know - I got the 1st laker - a nice 8#'er within 10 minutes off Elm Point - then I washed lures from Elm Point to Scotch Bonnett to Dudley to Beaver Brook where at 12:30, I caught my 2nd laker.

And that was IT!

Do I put the Money Pit II in mothballs - the answer this morning is Yes, but I'll look at the weather mid-week to make a final decision.

May the New Year bring all of you health, prosperity and "tight-lines"!
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Re: Port Henry - 12/23

Post by jimbow »

Chessieman have a Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year... you gave it go when most won't..Kudos to you and tight lines my friend...We have to hit Saratoga as soon as there is some safe ice...Jimbow
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Cool story even is the fishin was not all that hot. Makes me feel better about not fishin today... maybe this coming week...
Matt B
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

looks like another nice warm up coming the end of this week
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
nhjim
Species: coldwater

Post by nhjim »

you had better day than i did. i launched at Arnold bay fished around both ends of westport blew up toward split rock and thompsons came back down ny side 1 small laker for my 6 1/2hr effort. not one of my finer days but wasent a bad day to be out back up on wed. merry christmas to all.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

nhjim wrote:you had better day than i did. i launched at Arnold bay fished around both ends of westport blew up toward split rock and thompsons came back down ny side 1 small laker for my 6 1/2hr effort. not one of my finer days but wasent a bad day to be out back up on wed. merry christmas to all.
saw you this morning out from whallons bay heading to thompsons.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

chessieman i been told by several people that the lakers are better eating now dont know why that is but i dont have any trouble giving them away. that full moon plays a big part in fishing i have observed over the years especially like the bright one out there now. i fished today and saw several salmon and some big ones went there loaded today with an extra rod tipped with a live emerald. they would swim around it again again and no takers 2 light hits on krocodile no takers .