Port Henry -12/15

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Port Henry -12/15

Post by ChessieMan »

With a forecast for 40 and calm wind/waves, I just had to fish yesterday - especially after the torture we survived Thursday - got to PH launch at 7:15 and already 5 trailers there! What's going on? the - Boom, Boom, Boom - Aah - duck hunters.

It was 30 degrees warmer than Thursday and my hands, fingers and ears knew it - nice ride up to Fishville - started with Rainbow Speedy and blue/white HB - not a nibble for the first 2 hours - which was frustrating and adding to that frustration was the guys next to me hooking-up as they passed by

Good on them.

Westside is dead so on a whim I head toward Potash Point and I replace the blue/white HB with a Sunrise Speedy - Bang port rod fires, grab it and the fish is digging, Hmm brown? Yup nice fat 19"er on the Rainbow Speedy and as I'm putting the fish in the wet-well the starboard rod tip SLAMS into the water - YeHaw!!!!! - What ever it is, it's BIG - can't make-up any line, so I throw the boat in neutral - and the battle is on! The fish is actually stripping line off my reel, I can't remember having one do this - finally I can see the fish - a HUGE laker

Almost 30", and heavy! This fish's head is huge and she hadn't missed any of the "all you can eat smelt bars" recently - Yes!

Get reset and Wham - Sunrise Speedy is slammed again and again another big (28") laker - OK, got if figured out - But I didn't - not another bite until noon when I was off Dudley - where I doubled on a small laker and another nice brown

and that was it for the day.

If revenge is chocolate, yesterday wasn't Hershey's Milk - it was more like Baker's Bittersweet - but 40, hardly any wind and 5 lakers and 2 browns really is nothing to complain about - I got at least one more trip in me - does anyone know where the salmon went?
dry net
Species: cold water

Re: Port Henry -12/15

Post by dry net »

Try north
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Just for the record... that was a laker we were puttin in the net on Reelax. Great weather but the silvers were hiding on us... 15 fish in boat by 1:30 when we pulled em. It was great to get Fishdawg back on the lake Saturday... good to see you out there also Chessieman!

Fish on...

We will be back ASAP...
Matt B
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

birds working bullwagga bay heavily about an hour ago off sandy beach. going to try and get down there today
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

A couple of nice fish, at least!
Well I have to say I feel a little better about having missed the calm, warm weekend now that it sounds like the feeding frenzy has mellowed.