Rare Air on Surprise Dec 11

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Rare Air on Surprise Dec 11

Post by Surprise »

Crew on Surprise today was Longtime friends Fred Baser & Dan Adam.

We let the day warm and assembled at Arnold at 10 AM. Fat Head & Crazy Ivan and Rob Thorn, Will Nolan and ADMIRAL Jud Swenor were already out.

We set up with the lures on the rods from a few days ago Rainbow Speedys on Purple/Black mini discs out 90 ft and Downriggers down 30 with Blue silver speedys with Rainbow speedy on sliders.

Yacked with the boys and started.

Got in the mix and started a look. No action ....................then we started a mix of fish Topped with back to back Steelhead taken on the mini discs.

What an epic battle each provided Dan Had the first fish that tail walked back and forth several times and
didn't stop even in the net.

The next went off and Fred was up. Wow what a battle this fish actually passed the boat. I laughed when Fred suggested it might be a Laker as it had not jumped as yet. W E L L that didn't last long as we got it closer to the boat. Pants on Fire around another line Jump, Jump classic steelhead . A hard scoop and net Got it in. Lots of holler and High fives as we all realized that we had just netted a Lake Champlain Unicorn with two in two Dips .

That said it was time for the fine dining session

Todays fare was Leek Sweet Potato Chowder with Italian Seasoned Turkey Ricotta Meatballs with Fresh Grated Parmesan and Fresh Ground Black Pepper.

Kathys Butter Rolls

Followed by Fresh Pineapple Spears and Black Tea.

OK then .....I need a nap finished the day with a mix and these beautiful Slabs Of Steel

Congratulations Boys and Suck in that Rare Air.

Thanks for Sharing the Day
Last edited by Surprise on Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fish On!
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Rare Air on Surprise Dec 11

Post by fishy1 »

great report and great pics as usual. i dont look at your posts till after i eat :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
love that beanie hat randy.
John Mc
Species: Salmon

Post by John Mc »

Beautiful catch! Looks like you guys had a really fun day!
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Post by ChessieMan »

Way to go guys - makes me wish I didn't have to work today - planning on being up there Thursday - leave a few hungry ones
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Awesome report while I am out of town on a work trip... wish I was there... won’t be long and Reelax will be back to the ville for some action... thanks for the looks Randy!
Matt B
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Jump up, jump down, and jump around....Nice report and a BIG congratulations for doing two rare air chrome plated trout!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
will nolan (swilly)
Species: whatever bites!

Post by will nolan (swilly) »

What a great time had by all. Great to see you boys out. Congrats on the steelhead. We need one for the grand slam. Great fishing! Very nice fellas.
Will nolan "swilly"
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Great report Randy and crew! The rainbows have been rare the last few years! Very cool! What a nice day to be on the water! See you tomorrow same bat time same bat channel!
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

If you want to catch Steelies on lake Champlain, this is the area, from snakes den to south of Barbers point.... from July on. The last 4 years this has been a steely hot spot!
Great report and even nicer catch!
Todd