Port Henry - 12/5

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Port Henry - 12/5

Post by ChessieMan »

Well today Frost-bite fishing pretty much lived up to its' name - the best bite I got was Frostbite - I got to the launch late - got the boat loaded and launched - 1st line in the water around 8:30, set the rigger, went to wind-up the slack and the reel was frozen - while boat covers are water resistant, they are not water proof - a closer look in the rod locker revealed ice here and there and apparently, one of the "there's" was the reel - OK, got spare - no problem. Went to set 2nd rod and fray in cable got stuck in pulley - after a Good tug the fray got worse, twisted up - long story short - spent the next 10 minutes "cutting in/out" a new ball harness - and of course while doing that the boat was doing everything but going in a straight line - pushed here and there by the wind and waves - neither of which were supposed to there today according to NOAA!

Only saving grace was in the midst of the cluster the starboard rod fired and I landed a 24" laker - Good Omen - or at least that's what I thought.

Long story short - I rocked & rolled, tried 8 colors, varying speeds and depths, chased birds and ended up with 5 lakers and 1 salmon.

Surprise surprised me around 11 - they hooked-up as we passed each other - 4-5 other boats out there today, I hope they did better than I did.

Gonna take a few days off to lick my wounded ego.
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Port Henry - 12/5

Post by fishy1 »

winds were light and variable def variable where i was and the wind was chilly. keep after them chessieman .